Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

1.02.2005

Post-Op Day 4 - A little more low-key of a day

Today was a little more low-key. Haha I’ve been a little lightheaded, but not as much as yesterday. I am still realllllllly fatigued. I napped for quite a while this afternoon. I am trying to stay up until 10 or so in order for me to sleep through the night. I did that last night, and I think it made a big difference. "That’s my plan," I type as I yawn.

My diarrhea is gone and now my bowel movements have come to a grinding halt. I hope I am not constipated. That creates its own problems I think. I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Drain Drain, Go Away
I am eager to get the drain out on Wednesday. It is annoying and sometimes a little painful. I feel like it keeps me from feeling like a whole person right now.

I have some anxiety about it being removed though. I didn’t think it would hurt, but now several people have said that it does. UGH. I told myself that hopefully (knock on wood) that will be the last major pain from this surgery, so I can handle it. Sounds good anyway, huh? I’m thinking positive!

New things to keep me busy
Today Scott went to Barnes and Noble for me. He bought me a paint-by-numbers kit. I can’t wait until I feel like doing it. I haven’t done it in years, but I think it will be fun!

He also bought me two books: A Weight-Loss Surgery diary and cookbook called “Before and After,” as well as Carnie Wilson’s book “…

(WOW…I just did a search to find Carnie’s book title and I found an article from September that says she is expecting her first child!! That is soooo exciting! I know being the weight she was, conceiving would have been hard for her. Yet another miracle from her surgery! I have infertility, but I hope that this surgery will allow us to conceive someday. I just have to have that hope, you know? I am destined to be a Mommy somehow, someway.)

Anyway, the book is called “I’m Still Hungry: Finding Myself Through Thick and Thin.” I’ve skimmed through both, and they are definitely worth the purchase!

He also went to Panera Bread Co. and bought me a variety of soups to strain the broth. I’ve only been interested in the Chicken Noodle Soup today for some reason. I think my taste buds are in a tizzy. I also noticed my sense of smell is very sensitive. Luckily, its focus is on good-smelling things – like cologne, etc.

Anyway, Scott is still the wonderful nurse/broth nazi. He went out for a while and had lunch with a friend. He had one our favorite Mexican restaurants. Part of me is ok with it; part of me misses the hell out of just going out to eat.

My big treat of the day was the broth from the Chicken Noodle Soup from Panera's that Scott got me and drinking Crystal Light Pink Lemonade and Raspberry Ice! I had forgotten to get the Crystal Lights in the fridge, so Scott put them in today. I tried them both and it’s like my whole world was opened up by two new things! haha

I am able to drink a lot more and kinda feel hungry all the time, so having new stuff helped give me some pleasure.


The In-Between
I’ve lost almost 10 pounds already! In Weight Watchers, that would have taken me a month or so. Of course, there’s a lot less pain involved with Weight Watchers. Haha However, I know as the weight starts coming off, I will know without a doubt that this was the best decision for me.

I know that now of course. Yet, it’s hard when you’re in the in-between. But, I know the in-between is an essential part of this journey. I’ve discussed it before in my pre-op journal…but it’s so true. The in-between times are the hardest, but it’s where we learn a lot about ourselves and gain our focus. I choose to view this positively.

Today I read in the “Before and After” book that talked about the in-between phase. The author says that I know I am at a point where I can’t turn back, but I haven’t had the weight loss that will eventually make this feel all worthwhile. Same thing as I mentioned earlier basically.

I am choosing to use this time to visualize my future and really plan on all the things I’ve waited my entire life to do. It’s amazing when you stop and think about all the ways you’ve held yourself back because of the weight – the excuses are enough to make you feel horrible.

For me, I am an active person. Yet, I know my weight has held me back. You don’t even realize that’s the case – it’s just part of your life. Things are just not accessible to you like they are to regular-size people. You also simply lack the abilities. I think losing this weight is truly going to be an eye-opening experience for me.

In closing…
I just sneezed for the first time since surgery. OUCH! Ok I am going to end this. I am then going to shower, read and go to bed. YAY!

Thank You God for this good day. Please bless me tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home