Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

1.01.2005

Post-Op Day 3 - Dehydration

1:56 p.m. - I posted the following in my yahoo support group:

Hi all -

Since about 2 a.m. last night, I have felt lightheaded. It kind of
surprised me because I have felt pretty good up until that point.

At first I thought maybe I was tired, since I am not sleeping well.
But, I just unrinated a little bit ago and it was darker than usual.
So, I upped my Gatorade.

I've been having frequent diarrhea – so I though perhaps this is
draining me faster than I can intake.

I've been walking today - two times for a total of 20 minutes. The
second time, however, I was very lightheaded.

I was going to ask for advice, but I knew you all would say, "call
the doctor." haha So, I did.

They paged Julius and he called me right back. I felt so bad for
taking him away from New Year's Day. :-(

He told me to significantly up my gatorade intake in addition to my
water and broths. I asked if I needed to stay ahead of the diarrhea -
he said yes. He said it will take 24 hours for me to get things back
in balance.

He also told me to only walk 10 minutes at a time - five in one
direction; five to return.

I seriously thought I was drinking ample amounts - but I guess I
wasn't. So, this is a message to anyone who is considering the
surgery, be ready to drink, drink, drink. There's no time to miss
food when you drink like this!

Ok Just wanted to share! Glub...Glub...

Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home