Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

12.10.2004

Opening my heart...

As I walked Katie in the darkness this morning, I opened my heart to God and asked for some words of comfort. This Bible verse popped into my mind:

"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for." - Jeremiah 29:11

I couldn't quite remember all of the verse as I walked. I kept mulling over the "I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you..." I kept wondering if the next word was prosperity. I then wondered why that verse would pop into my mind of all of them. I wasn't looking for prosperity as much as comfort, you know?

When I got home, I searched for the verse. It all makes sense now. Prosperity in this sense is that God will give me all that I need when I need it during this time. In addition, I find comfort that He will not bring me disaster. I can have Faith that He has my best interest. Finally, He is going to provide me the future that I hope for. So, I need to really explore and develop my hopes and not place limitations on God - because He has none.

What this boils down to is that I need to stop holding onto my fears so closely. I need to release them to my Higher Power. I need to have Faith. I need to trust God. I need to work with Him on His plan and not resist it. I must surrender the control and trust that this is all unfolding as it should be.

***

I am taking a personal day today. I believe this will help me feel like I can sort things better. It's worth it to take the time - even though I have so little to spare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home