Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

1.01.2005

Post-Op Day 3 - Freak-out time

2:54 a.m. - Ok I am up in the middle of the night. I think I am sleepy, but I’ve been sleeping so much I don’t know. I sorta feel dizzy, but that could be from being sleepy.

I had a pain in my leg, so I immediately thought it could be a pulmonary embolism. While Scott was asleep, I took Katie for a walk. It was misting and drizzling. I walked for 8 minutes.

My leg still has a vague pain, and now my hip on the other side has a dull pain. It’s funny – this is stuff that normally happened to me before the surgery I am sure. I just didn’t notice it as much.

Surely all the walking I’ve done would prevent me getting an embolism. I’ve worked super hard to stay active from the start to avoid it. Of course I read on Yahoo Health all the symptoms, etc. and now I think I have them all. Ugh.

I’ve just read more stuff. I need to stop. I am doing all that I can to ensure I stay healthy. I have to believe they wouldn’t release me if I had a high risk that I didn’t know about. I’ve taken my meds, done the walking, been sleeping and doing my breathing exercises. I need to stop stressing and chill out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home