Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

12.22.2004

Good things are coming...

One week from today, the good Lord willing, I will be a post-op celebrating my re-birthday. The thought is overwhelming.

It's been an emotional day in many ways. First of all, my parents might not make it down for Christmas as planned. Back home in Southern Indiana, they are getting major snowfall and overall bad weather. They are suppose to leave tomorrow and arrive Christmas Eve, but I don't think the weather will permit. My Dad is headstrong and says they are going to do it because he wants to be here when Santa arrives. :-)

I don't want them to come if the weather is bad. I would worry and fret the entire time. HOWEVER, the thought of this being my first Christmas season not celebrating it with them in person is heartbreaking. On top of that, I really wanted to see them before my surgery. So, I dunno. I am very torn.

Other than that, I keep thinking about surgery. I am having a hard time getting my mind around it all. It makes sense that I am diving in head first since this has been the busiest, most impromptu year of my life. From getting promoted twice to planning my wedding in a week to just deciding to build a house one day - it's been intense. Why wouldn't I end the year with a life-alter surgery? haha

I think I am struggling because I feel a lack of total control. However, I need to remember to only worry about what is obviously in my control. The rest will take care of itself.

I feel like God wanted to hammer home that point because today's "Language of Letting Go" thought discusses just that.Thank You God for giving me what I need when I need it.

***
Today's Thought
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2004
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.

Good Things Coming

Do not worry about how the good that has been planned for you will come.

It will come.

Do not worry, obsess, and think you have to control it, go out hunting for it, or tangle your mind trying to figure out how and when it will find you.

It will find you.

Surrender to your Higher Power each day. Trust your Higher Power. Then, stay peaceful. Trust and listen to yourself. That is how the good you want will come to you.

Your healing. Your joy. Your relationships. Your solutions. That job. That desired change. That opportunity. It will come to you - naturally, with ease, and in a host of ways.

That answer will come. The direction will come. The money. The idea. The energy. The creativity. The path will open itself to you. Trust that, for it has already been planned.

It is futile, a waste and drain of energy, to worry about how it will come. It is already there. You have it already. It is in place. You just cannot see it!

You will be brought to it, or it will be brought to you.

Today, I will relax and trust that the good I need will find me. Either through my leadings, or the leadings of others, all I want and need will come to me when the time is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home