Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

11.23.2004

Today's the day!

Today is the day I get to meet with the nutritionist and Dr. Naaman!

I got up at 4:20 a.m. Scott juiced pineapple for us. It was soooo good. I am already tired, but I am glad I am up early. I can't eat or drink after 8 a.m. because I have to take some test. So, I need to make the most of this time.

I am feeling somewhat better about the loose skin issue. Scott told me it's nothing we can't get fixed. He is so awesome. I love him so much! I also received a great response in my online support group from Donna G. who has 164 pounds in a year.

She said:

"Just keep in mind that if you have excess skin, you have it whether it's stuffed full or "deflated" like mine is getting. I'd rather have my skin loose than packed full. It's scary before surgery - we've gone through it, and we remember it. I would do it again in a heartbeat though, without hesitation. Fears, sure, but no hesitation. It was the best thing I ever could have done for myself. Keep doing your research! The more you learn, the more strength over your fears you have, the more in control you feel. Dr. Naaman is the best!"

Isn't that great?!

My friend L has also worked to calm my fears. She is the best. Having her on this journey too means the world to me! I love you L!

I know what Donna means about the more I learn, the most strength I will have over my fears - thus the more in control I will feel. I've been doing that. I've read and read and read. I have an overwhelming sense that this is indeed for me. I just have to face these fears as they come and then move on.

Ok I am going to go walk the dog and work out on the bowflex. I pray you are finding peace too, no matter where you are on your journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home