Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

11.14.2004

This and that....

I just added the link to more photos of me...
http://community.webshots.com/user/funwithmelissa

I've got various photos of me in various diva-like moments. hahha I've also got some other stuff in there - my hubby Scott, my dog Katie, our house, work stuff.

Anyway, Scott and I ordered a bowflex about six weeks ago and it finally arrived this past week. He spent yesterday assembling it. It is soooooooo neat! It's much nicer than I anticipated. But, I guess for $2,000 it should be pretty nice, huh?

This morning, I got up and powerwalked for 15 minutes around the neighborhood. I have horrible feet, so powerwalking is hard for me. But, it felt good doing it.

Then, I spent my whole morning trying to learn the Bowflex! I created a spreadsheet to track my workouts. I then learned about my first two-week workout.

I feel like I could do more since I lifted a lot at the YMCA. However, since this is my first time using the machine and I haven't been to the Y in a few months, I thought I better just follow the instructions and start out slow.

It worked me out better than I imagined it would. Even now, a few hours later, I am feeling it in my body. As much as I weigh, I seriously do like working out. That's one of the main reasons to have the surgery - so I can shed some of the excessive weight and be able to have better workouts.

I was telling my friend L that I told Scott that I hope when I have the surgery and lose the weight, a wonderfully developed body will be underneath. I will be a butterfly. :-)

Anyway, after working out, I was starving! I hope when I have the surgery I won't be as hungry after working out. So, since then, I have eaten a big breakfast and some fudge. I cannot wait until my food choice will be limited. I function better when I have structure - so the surgery will provide just that.

I cannot wait to have the tool - gastric bypass! I told Scott that I realize once I have the surgery, I will only have about a year so open window to make the most of it. So, I want to use each day in that year the best that I can. It will be a year focused on ME! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home