Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

11.16.2004

A variety of emotions...

Well, I am feeling a variety of emotions...

I called the insurance company. They actually gave me the name of the nurse working my claim - Gretchen - as well as her direct extension and my reference number. I left her a voicemail and she called back a few hours later. She was very personable - a nurturing soul. She told me all I lacked was my psych eval and proof of creditable coverage, which I knew.

I told her I had them both and she said "Great! Just fax them over."

I then asked her if I wanted to switch surgeons, would it be a big deal. She said, "Yes! You would have to start from scratch."

I about freaked out! She then explained that since I already have the paperwork they require, it shouldn't be hard to start over. She agreed I need to find the right surgeon for me. So, she told me to not fax those items. Instead, give them to the folks at Dr. Naaman's office. They can start a new case file on me. Basically, it's just all the paperwork I have plus what Dr. Naaman has to say.

I asked her how long it would take to approve then. She said it generally doesn't take too long. She THEN told me that if a person has all their paperwork together and gets them the stuff they want (which I have done and will do again), getting approval from them is pretty easy. YAYAYYA!

Sooooooooo, I meet with Dr. Naaman one week from today. I cannot WAIT! I want them to get the paperwork sent off so that I can get that approval ASAP! Gretchen will be my contact once more, so I feel comfortable calling her for status reports.

While this feels like a setback, I think things are still moving forward. Dr. Harberg's nurse called today checking on the status of the paperwork. I feel bad that I probably won't go with them. I really liked everyone there - including Dr. H. I just need to do what I think will work best for me, though.

Anyway...I worked out on the bowflex again today, as well as took a good long walk at 5:55 a.m. I am loving this new routine. Now, if only I would be able to eat less and better. I have no willpower anymore it seems.

As for all the work worries I had yesterday - they all blew over. I even stressed about it all last night, in my dreams and this morning.

However, my boss was amazingly cool about it. She told me:

"Thanks for figuring this out! Don’t beat yourself up too bad. This was an easy mistake to make. Trust me…it could be a lot worse. I’m very glad that you took the time to figure it out."

After I profusely thanked her for being merciful, she told me:

"Please don’t ever let something like this cause you to lose sleep. If you need to, you can always call me at home so that we can discuss it and keep it from making you crazy. Just remember, you are doing a great job and I really appreciate your dedication!"

Wow...I am so blessed. Thank you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home