Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

11.17.2004

On track for a new me!

I spoke with Bernie in Dr. Naaman's office today. I explained to her what the nurse at the insurance company said. Bernie explained that what the nurse wants is Dr. Naaman's assessment of my situation. The existing paperwork will still be acceptable. I thought so, but hearing her say it made me feel better.

She said it takes Dr. Naaman up to two weeks or so to get his assessment to the insurance company. I told her that I had hope to have the surgery by the end of the year. I was surprised when Bernie said we seemed to be on track and it could very well happen before then. That was mind-blowing! The surgery has always felt like it would happen "sometime." To think of it assigned to a date is wild!

Other than that, that's the only news I have regarding WLS. It rained and rained today. I did walk the dog in the rain though - just my usual distance. Still, I went around the block. haha

I got to see my favorite astronaut ever today - Mike Fincke! He is just back from his six-month stay on the International Space Station! He looked terrific! He said my Hello Kitty is still up there. She will come home on the Space Shuttle's first return-to-flight mission. Isn't that cool? So, my Hello Kitty has been aboard both a Russian spacecraft and the Space Station - now she will be riding the Space Shuttle!

To see pics of Hello Kitty's adventure, please visit:
http://community.webshots.com/user/funwithmelissa

I went shopping tonight. I am mortified - size 26-28 no longer fits well. :-( As I was shopping though, I kept thinking about how next year at this time I will be a different size! As I drove by "skinny people" stores, I looked at their display windows. The clothes were so cute. I realized that I will eventually be able to wear more stylish clothes like that. I CANNOT WAIT! It doesn't even seem real. I've been fat all my life.

Ok I am exhausted. Night night!

xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home