Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.22.2005

Post-Op Day 236: Good morning!



Just wanted to quickly write and say that I made good on my promise to get up and walk this morning! Man, when the alarm went off, I wanted to keep on sleeping. But, I made my big butt get outta bed.

I had good news on the scale again this morning - I was down another .5! So, here I am at 209! Yay!!! I am sooooooooo close to Onederland that I can't stand it!!! I'm also the kind of person who peeks at Christmas presents if given the chance. I unfortunately have no patience.

Speaking of which...I sure can't wait until Scott gets home. I miss him terribly. He's been taking a class this whole time while there in Nashville. Today is his test for a certification. I am sending him all my positive energy and brain cells. :-) After the test, he's there for a trade show. I think he'll have a much better time doing that.

With him gone, the bed is so lonely, the house is so quiet and I have to do my own laundry. hahah I say that because I told him it didn't feel like a Sunday without him, and he said that was because he wasn't here doing our laundry. He's such a brat, but man I love him!

I wish I could go back to bed right now. I am so tired. I had a major adrenaline rush while walking. Out of the shadows, a dog started barking at us. I'm use to it, but when we walked directly in front of the area, I saw the dog wasn't behind a fence - it was standing right there.

I just kept walking and tried to ignore it, but then it came forward and so did another dog. They started barking frantically and running toward us. I was terrified, but I wasn't going to let them hurt Katie. I was prepared to start kicking them but I just screamed extremely loud "GO AWAY" because I've heard that dogs hate loud noises. God was indeed protecting us because that worked and they ran off.

What made this especially scary for me is that when I was a kid, I was attacked by a dog and it tore into the side of my face. I had to have stitches. I'm not afraid of dogs, but I didn't realize how much I feared being attacked again until that happened. I was terrified! The clip art below shows what it was like from our perspective....


After we walked at a furious pace for 5 minutes to get away from that area, my chest hurt like there was pressure on it. I slowed up and it finally went away. I think I was having a panic attack. I feel ok now - just extremely fatigued. Usually I feel really good after my walk. Ugh!

ok...I need to get my shower. I hope the attacking dogs don't represent how this day is going to be. haha ;-)

God bless all of us on this amazing journey to a new life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home