Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.14.2005

Post-Op Day 228: Winding down the weekend

Hello there...I just wanted to write a little before this Sunday is over. This has been a nice, leisurely paced weekend. I needed it.

Last night
Last night was wonderful. I soaked in the tub for a while - reading some great motivational material by Dr. Annette Colby. Her focus is on overcoming eating disorders - especially binge eating. I am on her mailing list and I really love her writings - they truly inspire me. To read for yourself, please go to http://www.lovingmiracles.com/healing_articles.htm

As I bathed, Scott showered. When he got out, he said that since we were all cleaned up, we should go out to eat - like Texas Land and Cattle. Faithful readers will remember me writing about how that's my favorite restaurant and what a victory it was to return there. (See May 1- post-op day 123 in my archives)

Anyway, I of course jumped at the chance to go to TXLC! We had a wonderful time there together. I love spending time with Scott and I am going to miss him SO MUCH when he is out of town this week and next!!

I ate abundantly but not out of control. I really chowed down on the shrimp and avocado salsa. The shrimp in are so big and good! mmmm I did eat it with a few tortillas. I also ate my tortillas soup that had chopped chicken and cheese in it.

By the time my smoked sirloin steak and mashed potatoes were brought out, my little pouch was full! haha I ate maybe an ounce and a half of steak and a few bites of potatoes. I was done. I purposely bought a lot of steak (14 oz) so that I could eat on it today - and I have! :-)

On the way home, Scott wanted to stop at my old favorite ice cream place - Cold Stone. mmmmmmmm I told him he was cruel. haha He did come out with a no-sugar added concoction that was pretty good. I had a few bites of it and was done for the night.

This morning I figured my weight would be holding steady or up a pound from my feast. However, much to my pleasure, I was down another .5! My total now is -111.5. YAYA! I figure tomorrow it will be stalled since I've put away the steak today. However, I am ok with that. The meat is very lean and I love giving myself these shots of mega protein when I can.

Lazy Sunday
This morning Scott got up at his normal time (4 a.m. - ugh!). I slept until 6 or so. haha It's a bitch when you can't sleep past your normal wakeup time, you know?

Anyway, I got up, took Katie on a short walk (the sun was up and it was already hot) and then I got my butt in gear and went to the grocery store. I wanted to stock up on healthy food - especially since Scott will be out of town. I don't want to give myself any more reasons to pick up fast food.

The rest of the day I spent going through lots of word documents and organizing my computer. I found a lot of my writings. They've stood the test of time and are very relevant to this journey. They will serve me well when I begin to put my book together.

Other than that, Scott and I watched a little TV and took a long nap. I didn't get up until after 8, so now my sleep schedule is messed up. haha

Praying for good news
There's one serious thing I want to touch on. Yesterday when I was waiting for the groomer/vet to call and tell me it was time to pick up Katie, a person from the vet side of the house called to talk to me. He said she was ready, but he also wanted to ensure that we had clear communication on something.

While Katie's EKG came out fine, her routine glaucoma test wasn't good. Before we take further action, he wanted her to be tested again. He said that the stress she was under (the drive there, getting groomed, getting a shot, having an EKG and having a glaucoma test) could skew the results. He would like to get her in there when she doesn't have to go through all that and retest her.

Tomorrow I plan to call an animal clinic that is 5 minutes away (as opposed to the 30 minutes I drive to take her there) and have them run the test. I know the 30 minutes in the truck gets her really worked up and stressed too. This other animal clinic can share the results with our vet.

To say that this hasn't really upset me would be a lie. I read about glaucoma in dogs and it isn't good. The dog eventually goes blind and can be in a lot of pain. If the blind eyes cause too much pain, it is recommended that the dog's eyes be removed.

Just reading all that horrified me of course. Katie has the most beautiful, alert and expressive eyes. She's constantly looking and scanning and enjoying her vision. It would be devastating for her to go blind...and worse.

So, I am just praying that it was stress that caused the test to be negative. God, please bless Katie and her eyesight.

***

ok that's it for now. I am going to relax a little more before going to bed.

Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home