Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.13.2005

Post-Op Day 227: Enjoying my Saturday...


Hello there!

I am just sitting here doing absolutely nothing. haha Scott is working on some posters for two upcoming shows he's producing, so I am just surfing the web and doing a whole lotta nuttin'.

We were up this morning at about 6 a.m. Katie had to be at the groomers around 8:30 - and it takes us 30 minutes to get there. So, she and I took a small walk and then I got ready to go.

She of course was nervous and upset when we left her. But, it's for the best. She looked like a wooly mammoth. haha I know when that hair comes off, she's going to feel so much better when we're out walking. For the past week, she's seemed overly hot on our long walks. She loves going on them, but she needs to be cooler in this horrible Houston August humidity and heat.

Once we dropped her off, we went looking for a place to get some breakfast. We drove around Kemah and looked at the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. It truly is beautiful in this part of Texas. We drove by NASA Johnson Space Center too. Then we ended up going to a Denny's.

I wound up getting scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, ham and a side of hash browns. I ate maybe four small bites of hash browns, 1 1/2 pieces of bacon, a few bites of egg and a few bites of ham. Scott said it looked like I had barely touched my food but I felt full. I was thrilled to know my pouch does fill up quickly still. :-)

We sat there and enjoyed our time together, then we left to go to Lewis Jewelers (www.lewisjewelersofhouston.com). We love this jewelry store because of their selection and great sales staff. This is where purchased my A. Jaffe (www.ajaffe.com) engagement and wedding band, as well as my Orbis ring (www.orbisjewelry.com). Below is a pic of my engagement ring...


Anyway, we were there today to get Scott a ring he's been wanting for a while. It's a John Hardy piece that is really nice. It's sterling silver with the most beautiful detail work INSIDE the ring. The outside is nice and understated. I am so glad he finally purchased it. It should arrive in four weeks.

While at the jewelers, I had them put a ring spacer on my engagement ring because it had finally become too big. It's this little metal piece fitted into the back of my ring. It now fits much better. Unfortunately, the spacer is too big for my wedding band and it still spins on my hand. I might have to stop wearing it for a while until I stop losing weight. Then, when I settle into a size, I can have both rings resized. :-)

After we left there, we came home. Since then, I have felt sleepy and lazy. haha

I've been battling the hungries today big time - even though I had my carnation with Mootopia this morning and a varied high-protein/low-carb breakfast. Since coming home, I've had a One Way Protein bar. That helped curb some hunger.

Again, the continued weight loss helps keep me focused. This morning I was down another 1/2 pound - which puts my grand total loss at 111! YAYA!! I am at 213. Gosh - I am getting sooooo close to Onderland - I can see it on the horizon!

My goal has been to reach 199 by Halloween. So I've got two months to get off 14 pounds. I sure hope this weight keeps coming off. Again, all this motivates me not to overeat or get back into the simple-carb trap again.

I think I am going to go nap some before Katie is ready to be picked up. I cannot WAIT to see her. I just love that little girl more than words can say! She adds so much happiness and laughter and love to my life.

Thank You God for this relaxing day and all the good things you add to my life. Please bless everyone on this journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home