Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.17.2005

Post-Op Day 231: Hump Day

Hello there...

This will be brief, as I have to get ready for work.

Well, Scott's gone and won't be back for 10 days. :-( Early this morning, he woke Katie and I up, gave us our kisses, put his stuffed suitcase in the Explorer and drove off. He has to work until about 11, then he's going to lunch and will then heading to the airport. His flight leaves around 2:30. He will call when he makes it to Nashville.

The house already feels empty without him. :-(

I am just going to chill during these coming days. I've already got a few things to do - and I plan to do some extensive cleaning. I want the place to look great when he gets back.

Yesterday I was down another pound, which puts my loss at -113. Today I stayed the same. I worked out on the bowflex yesterday, so that might have something to do with it. Generally when I don't lose for a day or two, my inches catch up with my loss. So, here's hoping that's what is going on! :-)

I cannot believe I am at 211!! I was told yesterday that I look like I weigh about 170! Gosh I wish!! I would be 11 pounds from my 159 goal! haha

When I had my surgery, Scott weighed 211. He has since lost about 25 pounds. I've never been anywhere close to any of Scott's weights, so I was thrilled when it hit me I am at his starting weight!

In other news, I am extremely stressed right now. Some happenings at work have me so stressed it's almost unbearable. I hate that too because all was going incredibly well for so long. I think anyone who reads my writings knows how much I love my job, my place of employment and, most of all, my incredible team. It's amazing how a few bad things can really mess things up. :-(

I am going to keep taking care of myself and not use this stress as an excuse to treat myself poorly by not exercising and eating inappropriately. This week, Katie and I have started walking our longest distance yet in the morning. I enjoy my 5:45 a.m. long walks in the darkness with her. I am able to sort my thoughts, work out some tension and talk to God. In the stillness of the early morning, I know everything is as it should be.

OH!!! On Monday, we received good news! After taking Katie back to the vet, I learned her second glaucoma results were normal!!! yayay! I had to take her back to the original vet because the ones around here don't even do that screening. They want to retest her again next week. Still, I will take any positive news I can get! Thank You God for that blessing!!

And, speaking of medical stuff, I finally have a surgery date to remove the tumor in my parotid (saliva) gland. It will be on Friday, Sept. 2, at 9:30 a.m. I am trying to not even think about it. I am very scared about it. The thought of having intense work done on my facial nerves is almost too scary to think about. So, I won't right now.

Other than all that, nothing else is going on. I just feel mentally exhausted. lol

I need to shower and go to work. This is one of a handful of times that I really just don't want to go. That's not like me. I generally love going in, seeing everyone and doing a great job. Now, I feel demotivated. :-(

I know when I see my team though, everything will be just right. :-) I can count on them to make the day special every day!

Thank you God for my life and help me to see beyond the immediate. Bless everyone on this journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home