Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.21.2005

Powerful words for those who choose to do nothing about their excess weight

I just ran across this poem on an Obesity Help profile. It really hit me between the eyes - it's just that powerful.

If you want to do something about your weight but resist really tackling it for whatever reason, I hope this helps push you into action. You are SO WORTH it. The freedom from morbid obesity feels better than I ever imagined. Love yourself enough to stop making excuses.

***

Somebody died today of DENIAL
Because they would not see that their weight was out of control.

Somebody died today of EMBARRASSMENT
Because they did not want to be weighed at the doctor’s office.

Somebody died today of SHAME
Because they believed they lacked willpower.

Somebody died today of LONELINESS
Because they could not reach out and ask for help.

Somebody died today of FEAR
Because they thought they could never live without their favorite foods.

Somebody died today of GUILT
Because they felt they disappointed their loved ones.

Somebody died today of REGRET
Because they did not live a full and active life.

Somebody died today of DESPAIR
Because they thought there was no hope.

Somebody died today of OBESITY.
Pray for them. Pray for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home