Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.05.2005

Post-Op Day 219: Happy Friday!

I am so glad it's Friday! Since I had to work Saturday and Sunday, I feel like I didn't get a weekend - even though I only worked a few hours on those days. Plus, my schedule has been kinda weird this week (I got to work in the 4 a.m. hour on Wednesday).

The Return to Flight mission has been stressful, and I just cannot wait for the crew to arrive safely back to Earth. They are scheduled to land at around 2 a.m. CT Monday. I will be up at work then too. The next day, the crew arrives at Ellington Air Field for a big welcome home ceremony. My team will be working that too - and gladly!

Welcome home events for the astronauts are always fun, but this one is special beyond belief. We had a welcome home event planned for the Columbia crew. It felt so horrible to have that event never happen. Such a void. I know seeing the Discovery crew will heal many wounds.

So what's going on? Nothing more than getting through this mission really. Last night I met Scott and his coworker Chris again for happy hour. Chris does wonders for my ego. haha He was going on and on again about how I've changed. He said I am the best Before and After he's seen. haha He must not have seen many then. ;-)

I told him I am not close to being an After yet. He said I am fine just the way I am. I thought that was nice.

Of course the one who does the most wonders for my ego is my own husband. I love how Scott shares with his friends and coworkers my successes. He's always been one to brag on me (and I do the same about him). I love that he's proud of me and wants to talk about me. He was that way at my highest weight, and he continues to boost my self-confidence. He probably doesn't even know how good that makes me feel, but it really, really does. I just love that man so much!

Toni update
Toni returned to work yesterday. She looked fabulous! Her body tolerated the pain of the surgery a lot more than mine did. haha I am so proud of her for going through with it. It's a big step - but one she will be so grateful for. I cannot wait to see her transform! Yay for Toni!

Diana
My gastric bypass twin Diana has now lost 150 total pounds! WOW! She is rockin' and rollin'! I am so proud of her. She sent me photos of her wearing my clothes I had given her. OMG she looks great in them! It's freaky seeing someone wear your clothes - and they look better than you in them. hehehe Diana really inspires me. I just love that girl. I am so glad our paths have crossed.

Exercise
I've really stepped up my exercising this week. I've been walking longer distances than before. I wear a pedometer too. Yesterday it counted 8260 steps. Yay for me! I have a more expensive pedometer that measures more. I think I am going to start using it because it is set to my stride. The one I've been using is basic and you can't input data to personalize it for you.

I Bowflexed yesterday. I plan to learn how to hook up the leg attachments this weekend. I am focusing a lot on upper body and my poor jelly thighs need some work! I really want to start toning my body as much as possible.

Clothing
I received a HUGE box full of clothes yesterday. I was the winning bidder on e-bay. The ad said they would fit a size 16 (which I am comfortably now) - but these don't fit. Well, most don't. That's ok because they are awesome clothes that motivate me to keep plugging away so I can wear them. When I get down a size or two, I am going to have an amazing wardrobe! It's very motivational! (Of course, Scott liked how tight some of the things fit me and he wants me to wear them now haha He's so fun!!!)

Today I am going to wear a new outfit - size 16 - that fits my curves well I think. It's probably the most form-fitting thing I've worn since the surgery. I hope people don't think it looks too tight or makes me look bad. Wait a minute - who cares what people think, right? ;-)

I saw it when I window shopped and it stuck in my mind. Then, last week, I bought it. It's sat in my closet with me debating on whether I should keep it or not. Then I thought, "What the hell? This is the first outfit that really showcases how far I've come. It's professional, stylish and represent my victory."

So, today's the day I wear it. Wish me luck!

The weekend
I am debating on whether or not I want to go out tonight. Tomorrow night Scott is going to go see and band and meet me up at our new hangout. That should be fun. During the day, Katie is going to get groomed. She looks like a wooly mammoth. haha We're also going to buy Scott a ring he's been wanting for a long time. That's exciting! I also need to clean up the house in this time. That's not exciting!

Thank you God for these wonderful days you've given me. Please bless everyone in every phase of this journey.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home