Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.22.2005

What a great day!

Today my team and I gave Toni a surprise luncheon to celebrate her gastric bypass surgery next Wednesday!! I wanted to write about it here in my blog, but I couldn't in case she read it. haha

She thought she was just going to lunch with Deandra and I (with fellow team member Dee tagging along). However, when we arrived at Olive Garden, about 20 people were there for her. She was shocked to say the least. It was awesome! Everyone is so very happy for her - myself included.

The theme was, of course, butterflies, since they represent our metamorphosis. It truly was a special time! Below are some photos from today's event!



Here's the shocked guest of honor wearing her butterfly headband :-)


Below are some photos of most of my beautiful team members. Don't hate us 'cuz we're beautiful! Hehe
Joanne and Kendra

Jenny and Deandra
(Deandra had gastric bypass a month after me
and is down more than 85 pounds)

Katie and Johannes
(Johannes was on my team until a week ago but we still claim him
p.s. They're brother and sister if you can't tell)

Debbie and Mark
(Mark's not on my team but I did name him our Official Water Boy)

Deandra and Katie

Believe it or not...I have even more beautiful people on my team: Delicia, Tiffany and Brad. Brad couldn't make the party and the lighting sucked on Tiff and Dee's photos. :-( I think I will shoot more posed pics of all my team members so I can show them all off. (I'm not biased or anything!)

Below are some more pics of the festivities...

Mark looking festive...

Deandra made the cake without a mold! Amazing!

This is Marshall - he was the Maid of Honor at my wedding. I love him so much!

This is April. She's in our at-work support group. She is almost three months out and she is down over 40 pounds from the surgery...in addition she lost 20 before the surgery. Yay April!

Here's me!

Here's me looking silly as I show off the butterfly hair barrette that Dee bought for all the girls to wear in their hair for the party.

It's the Butterfly Girls together...April, Deandra, Toni and me. :-)

Next step...A new life :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home