Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.22.2005

Post-op Day 205: Catching up

Hi there...

I don't have a lot of time to write. I just wanted to write what I could.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I woke up feeling extremely blah and down - as you can tell from my last post. The plateau is very hard psychologically. I think it is for anyone on this journey. However, I just kept on pushing forward. Writing what I wrote was very therapeutic because it allowed me to fully understand why it bothers me when people say, "But you've lost 100 pounds!"

I had my blood test done. They took like six vials of blood because Dr. N wants all kinds of results - a regular blood screen with various other vitamins being looked at like B1, B6 and B12. I think my folic acid is being checked too. I am glad he's looking at all that. I know how vitamin deficiencies can creep up quickly.

I made my appointment to go see Dr. N. I go next Thursday for a 4:10 appointment. My plan is to see him and then just hang around and shop at the mall until our 7 p.m. support group meeting.

I also made a podiatrist appointment. My left foot is getting worse. I seriously think I have a fractured bone or bones. I can barely walk on it. I did something to it at least 9 months ago. I tried to ignore it and work through it at first. Then I had my surgery, and I told myself maybe the weight loss would help. Plus, with all my medical stuff going on, I never even wanted to address it. But, back then, it was more nagging pain than anything. Well, the last week or so (since I started to push more exercise), it's taken a turn for the worse. Now it hurts so bad all the time. So, we'll see how it turns out.

Yesterday was our support group meeting at work. Again, it was wonderful. We have people at all phases - so we all have something to bring and to share with others. When I spoke about me, I talked about being stuck and how I refuse to make excuses for my frustrations. The best part is that we got to celebrate the fact Toni is having her surgery Wednesday.

I went to lunch with Toni and Deandra. Deandra and I tried to eat low-carb. It's hard at Luby's. haha Deandra is also plateaud and she realized the night before how many carbs she eats. It's amazing when you stop to think about it. I wasn't a low-carb angel yesterday, but I did much better.

I think it paid off because the scale had me at my lowest today - 220! I was very excited, even though my foot was killing me. haha I have now lost 104 pounds! I am so grateful for that loss. I appreciate it so much more now. Scott said this morning that I need to just come to terms with the fact that my plateaus are going to probably be coming more frequently and my losses are going to be slower. He's right. I know this fact as well, but hearing him say it made it seem more...real. I am going to work to focus on all the positives and all the great changes I've experienced and continue to experience.

One of those happened last night...

Scott goes to happy hour every Thursday with his coworker Chris. Yesterday I told Scott that I would stop by if they were still there when I got done with work. Sure enough, they were. I was tired and was going to skip it, but Scott said - "No you need to come. Chris is dying to see you."

Chris had only seen me once - at our wedding on April 3, 2004. I weighed 299. So, when I walked in the door, he saw me and instantly jumped up, walked over to me and LOUDLY goes, "OH-MY-GOD!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! MY GOD!!!! AMAZING!!!"

He went on and on and on about how totally awesome I looked to him and how he wouldn't have even known me. Scott said, "and he even thought you were beautiful at the wedding!"

Chris was like, "I did but wow - now...you look amazing!"

*blush* I told him I needed to hear that yesterday. haha It definitely felt good knowing that I look that much different to someone who hadn't seen me. That was by far the most...boisterous, shall I say...response I've had thus far. haha

It was a great night in generally actual. We sat there for a while as I drank water, then Scott and I went to have Mexican food. I had like 2 beef fajita nachos, a few chips before our meal came and a 1/4 of a margarita. So see, I wasn't an angel. I even had a handful of Fritos earlier in the day. However, for whatever reason, the scale showed the loss. haha I cannot figure it out so I am not going to try. I am just going to eat when I am truly hungry, watch the carbs and do my best. Of course I am going to focus on water and protein.

Ok I need to shower. Today, Deandra and I are taking Toni to lunch to actually celebrate her upcoming transformation. How exciting!!! Also tonight, I am getting my hair done. THANK GOODNESS!!! It needs it sooooooooooooooo bad. I am having major hair anxiety lately. haha

God, thank You for allowing me to be on this wild, wacky journey. I pray for peace of mind and sense of contentment. Please bless everyone on this journey as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home