Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.19.2005

work is a no-go

As hard as I am trying to get back on track, work is going to have to be a no-go. My crud is getting better, but the chills are back now and I still have the fatigue - but I was going to push past that. What's worse, though, is that my internal working system is angry and a mess.

I just read in my support group that ulcers can be caused by constipation. Well, not get too detailed, I have been battling that this past week. Yesterday I took some Milk of Magnesia and got things moving. However, this morning, as upset as my stomach is and needs to go, it's all stuck. Thus, it's causing my insides to be agitated.

This is what was said in the group about ulcers:

"As it was described to me, the stomach continues to create the same acid it did before the surgery. If you are constipated, the acid has no where to go but up the Roux limb. The caustic nature of the stomach acid allows it to burn an ulcer after contacting the tender tissue of the pouch even once."

I am wondering if this is what happened to me. I can almost taste acid in the bottom of my throat.

I am going to call Pam when the office opens. I feel horrible right now. Plus, I need to get my bloodwork done. If I don't need to have it taken while fasting, I am going to try and get it done. The sooner I do, the sooner I can see Dr. Naaman. I want to discuss this heartburn, as well as a few things. They are: 1. I find I am bruising easily 2. I have noticed darker circles under my eyes 3. I still feel quite a bit of fatigue most times.

Ok I need to go. My tummy is rumbling again. I will write when I know more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home