Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.17.2005

Whew!

I'm pooped! I just feel so drained.

Liz called and said she was coming, so I hurried and tidied up the house. Then I got ready. She and her friend Tracy arrived and I gave Liz my entire pre-op wardrobe. It was wild showing her everything - I felt like I was handing over my closest friends. lol Well, if there's anyone whom I would trust with my closest friends, it would be Liz since she's my best friend. :-) It's actually great giving all those clothes to her. She will look awesome in them!

We then went to Gringo's Mexican Restaurant. mmmmmm That place is so good! I didn't get to eat much of my meal, but what I ate was delicious! It was great spending time with both of them chatting. They're a blast! I miss Liz sooooooooooooooooo much - so it's always great to get to see her.

She said she could tell a big difference in my appearance. When we were walking into Gringo's, she said she wouldn't have recognized me if I were just standing there when she pulled up. I cannot fathom that, you know? She also told me that I am "normal" people size now. I laughed and reminded her what Mark said - "You're no longer a BBW - you're just a slightly overweight normal person now."

She said, "He's right."

That was wild hearing it from Liz's mouth. I appreciate her so much for saying that and for everything she's done to help me succeed. She's such a wonderful, giving, loving person. I adore her so much.

Our time together was too short, but she and Tracy had to get back on the road. I said my farewells and went to Cato. I returned a few things Mom had bought me and I tried on clothes in the "normal people" section. haha About half fit - half didn't.

I bought two skirts - one XL (that I think might actually be a little too big) and an L that fits but will look better in a month or so. I also bought a top that I can't decide if I like or not. They were about to close, so I had to hurry. It's an XL and it fits, though it will look better in a month or so as well. I am just thrilled to be shopping on that side at all!

I then went to the grocery. I HATE going haha. However, it was a must. Scott's been working all day and we needed some things. So, I made my way around the HEB and just carried it all inside the house. I count that as my activity for the day.

I bought some flowers and a card for Scott. I just wanted him to know how much I love and appreciate him and I am thinking of him. He's a hard-working man, and so I wanted to make it as nice as possible for him when he got home. :-)

On that note, I need to finish folding towels, etc. The weekend's almost over! Eeek! I am really, really tired.

Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home