Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.17.2005

Post-Op Day 200 - Good morning!

Wow day 200 - I cannot believe that!! Since I was extremely introspective yesterday, I will let that stand as my official "Where I am at Mentally at This Stage" post. :-)

My head hurts right now. It's because I still have a yucky smoke smell in my hair. Scott and I visited a new bar last night and it was smoky. Bleh.

It was an interesting place to say the least. As outgoing as I am, I get shy in new environments - so I was pretty low-key. Scott really liked the place and his liking of it helped me see the good stuff there. We got there late, so it was crowded. Being a small place already, it felt packed. I get claustrophobic, so I am sure that played into it all.

We met some nice folks - including one really nice couple who spent a lot of time making us feel welcomed - and we enjoyed the open atmosphere though. I am sure we will return. Even this morning, I am liking it more as I process the place and the evening in my mind.

Scott believes this is a good new place for us to hang out because we get to establish ourselves differently. There, people will get to know us as the new us we've become over the past month. At my regular bar, they see me as a lone wolf whose hubby comes rarely. At the bars he visits to see his friends' bands, they all see him as a lone wolf whose wife comes rarely. At this new place, it can be where people know us as a couple and we come together.

I love that he views it that way - and that's the biggest reason why I really am giving this place a shot. I like the idea of us establishing ourselves as a couple too. I love being out with Scott and I love doing things with him. I feel most comfortable with him over anyone else in the world. :-)


What's going on today...
My friend Liz is suppose to be coming from Beaumont to see me today. She hasn't seen me since a week out from my surgery. With it being a rainy day, I don't know if she will make it though. Her drive is at least 1.5 hours, so bad weather makes it suck.

Scott has to go into work. :-( He's worked like a dog this weekend. While the OT $$ is great, I hate that he has to spend his weekend doing that. I love when he is around here with me. I know, I'm selfish like that. haha

Before he goes, he is scanning the aforementioned photos. I will post them here when I get them. The difference blows my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home