Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.18.2005

Post-Op Day 201: Sick :-(

I now know why I was so tired yesterday...I'm sick. :-( I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a semi-truck. Ugh. I've spent the weekend trying to ignore the fact that I've been fatigued and had been getting chills, but there's no denying it now.

Saturday night, I had the chills at the club. They got worse on the ride home. By the time I was in the house, my teeth were chattering. I had to soak in hot water to calm them down and then I buried myself under the covers when I went to bed.

Yesterday, I didn't feel a lot of energy - but sometimes I just don't. However, after cleaning the house and being out and about, I was absolutely drained last night. I passed out and don't even remember Scott coming to bed.

This morning, it really hit. When I first woke up, I felt like I had a low-grade fever and was all clammy. Now it's back to the chills. I didn't want to, but I had to take a sick day. I only have a couple of sick days built up, and I am trying to save them for my surgery. However, if I don't take one today, I could make this thing worse and be out a lot longer.

I view it as an investment, but I am still pissed that I have to take it. I just want to take a day or two where it's for me to have FUN, you know? Taking days for sickness and surgery really sucks!

I also have to cancel a much-needed hair appointment. That's when you know it's bad - when I will cancel something to do with my hair. lol

Ok I am totally chilled, so I am going to soak and then sleep. I want to kick this NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home