Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.14.2005

Post-Op Day 196 - Damn plateau!

Yawn!

I was up before 5 this morning to get ready for my 7:30 a.m. appointment with my ADD meds doctor - affectionately known as Dr. Feelgood. hehe

At around 9 a.m. this morning, I was just wiped out. Of course, eating not quite all of a McDonald's bacon and cheese biscuit didn't help matters. I know I didn't need it - but sometimes I want to experiment and see what I can tolerate now. It went down fine, but I am not liking the fatigue that the mega-dose of carbs is causing.

I am into the third week of a major plateau. It's like my weight loss came to a grinding halt. I've been exercising and trying to eat the right things. I know a bacon and cheese biscuit isn't the best, but I so could go off the deep end if I am not careful.

Yesterday, I received my shipment of liquid calcium and liquid vitamins. I often neglect taking my calcium, which is terrible I know. So I am hoping the new liquid form will help me keep my levels where they need to be.

I bought the vitamins because they are quite pumped up over the Flintstones. I did do a comparison and I found the new vitamins don't list iron. So, I am going half-and-half: a Flintstone in the morning and a tablespoon of the liquid vitamin at night. We'll see if I can feel a difference.

I just started my blog last night. I think I am going to like this better than trying to layout all those pages on my website. I am going to have to transfer my previous entries over to here, but that's cool. I can work on it this weekend.

Other than that, all went well at work. I so love my job! I rarely, if ever, dread going in. I know - I sound sick, don't I? I just love working for the space program, and I also love my boss and my team and other coworkers. Sure, it gets stressful and tense. However, I am so blessed to have the people around me that I do.

Yesterday was a major, major downer with the Shuttle scrub. Excitement was running soooooooo high in the morning. When the scrub was announced, we were all so let down. Of course safety comes first. But, we're human too and can't help but be disappointed.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it happens this month. We need to fly the shuttle again soon. Plus, I need my Hello Kitty back! She's getting lonely up there on the Space Station now that Mike has come home! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home