Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

7.11.2005

Post-Op Day 194 - Same day...more to add!

I've been working on updating my photos section as well as the front page comparison pics. I cannot BELIEVE how different I am looking! OMG!!!!! Sometimes it takes a comparison pic to really see just how far you've come!

Below are some new pics of me featuring my new short haircut. These pics were taken yesterday. I actually was having a good hair day! It truly was a magnificent day! hahaha
Anyway, here's me...



It's really wild to see a full-body shot of myself actually. It's also wild to see myself minus my longer hair. I don't think it looks too bad. In fact, seeing it in pics, I like it much more than I have been liking it! lol

Today was an excellent day in terms of feedback. I got a LOT of compliments on my new outfit. It was size 1X black and white top and a size XL (YAY) skirt. I felt sassy in my new outfit. Everyone kept telling me how much is showed off my loss.

Joanne, my great friend and employee, hadn't seen me in almost a week. So, when I walked into her office, she and one of my other great friends and employees Kendra both called me "Skinny Minnie" simultaneously. It was funny. Joanne said having not seen me in a week really makes a big difference.

I just can't imagine how I look different considering I haven't lost any weight, you know? But I will take what I can get. Last week, one of my NASA bosses told me how different I looked to him after being gone almost two weeks. It was great to hear.

Also, Deandra came in to tell me that her officemate, a fairly clueless guy who never comments on things such as weight loss or someone's appearance, goes, "Oh my God! Melissa's lost a lot of weight!" as I passed by. haha She and I were both like - well when did he wake up?? hahha!

I also had a wonderful talk about the world of obesity, weight-loss surgery and positive/negative attitudes with my boss Jeanne. She is just so insightful. Even though she is a size 6, she understands weight struggles. She just lost several dress sizes doing Weight Watchers. Plus, several of her family members are severely overweight. I love the compassion and support she gives to me and that she feels for others. I am truly blessed to know her and work with her.

Well, that's about it. I am going to soak in the tub and then go to bed. Scott's already passed out asleep on the couch. He looks so sweet laying there. He's so handsome...and adorable when he's sleeping. :-) Ni Ni!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home