Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

6.27.2005

Post-Op Day 180 - a recap

Today was a good day after a magnificent weekend with my Sweetie!

I weighed in at 224 again. I love the thought that I am down 100 pounds! It's just such a wonderful feeling knowing that I did it! The rest is just icing on the cake - and like I said, bakery cake and icing rocks my world! :-)

I wore a new skirt today. I bought it on clearance at Fashion Bug and it’s been in my closet for over a month I would say. While the tag states that it is a size 18/20, it’s fit much smaller than the other 18/20s I’ve tried on. It is pretty form fitting.

Well today I got brave and wore it. It fits much better now than it did when I first purchased it. I actually felt really good in it. I was told it shows off my weight loss. I love hearing that. Haha! I am working to enjoy my body as it is now instead of waiting until it becomes some magic size in the hazy future.

I am also working on my posture. I’ve been noticing that I slump a lot. I don’t mean to – it just comes natural from years of not sitting properly. Most probably don’t notice I slouch. However, I do. So, I’ve been consciously walking with my shoulders back and head up. It feels unnatural, but I know I need to do it. When I do it though, I do feel more confident and attractive.

Work was good. I had a funny email from one of my employees. He’s the bodybuilder that’s been a great supporter of me. Anyway, I wrote him and told him I needed to meet with him after lunch. He wrote me and said: “Alright then skinny.”

I replied with: “Hahah who you talkin' to?”

He said: “The skinny person I almost didn't recognize walkin' down the hall this morning.”

When he and I met later, I asked him about it. He said he had to do a double take to figure out it was me. I just can’t believe that! As I always say – you feel the same inside. To hear things like that is real mind trip (in a good way of course!)

For instance, today my boss took us supervisors to a pottery painting place for a team-building activity. Before we began, she wanted to have a quick meeting to go over some work stuff.

As she started to talk, she stopped and looked at me and said, “Melissa – you just look so pretty today.” It kinda took me by surprise. The other two supervisors there looked at me and said, “You really do.”

My boss said, “You’re always pretty but there’s just something about you right now. It’s the new hair and you’re just looking so slender. You look great!” And the other two agreed again.

I could only say, “Well gosh ya’ll – I love this team-building thing!” hehe

I feel so blessed to have Jeanne as my boss and to have all the coworkers that I have. They are truly more than peers – they are my friends. While my job can be stressful (Whose isn’t, right?), I work at the coolest place in the world with the coolest people. The warmth and friendship I feel there cannot be duplicated.

Throughout this journey, my coworkers have been so supportive. They are excellent cheerleaders and they truly care about my well being. I know I am so blessed by them in more ways than I can count. Thank You God for the love and friendship I have at work.

Well, I need to go. My sexy man called to say he is on his way home from work. I can’t wait to see him!

We’re getting things finished up around the house tonight and the next few days in preparation for my folks. They will be here three nights from tonight!!! YAYYA!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home