Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

6.25.2005

Post-Op Day 178 - A magical kinda day!

Yesterday was one of those magical days in a weight-loss journey. Knowing that I hit 100-pounds gone was an incredible feeling. On top of that, I got numerous compliments when I visited another department at work AND when I saw some friends last night at a wedding rehearsal dinner.

These friends hadn’t seen me since March, so they were like OMG you look great! Of course Scott hyping up my 100-pound loss probably got them worked into a frenzy. Hehe just kidding. I just love Scott thought for doing that. It makes me feel so good that he wants to tell everyone and share my victories.

I felt like a million dollars yesterday after all that. I work to let myself enjoy all this and not take it for granted. Sometimes it’s hard to do that – and it’s also hard to stop and just enjoy the moment. You so badly just want to be at the end of your journey, that it’s easy to just zoom past all the great milestones.

Last night was just wonderful in itself. Our friends Eric and Shanna are getting married today. Scott’s an usher in the wedding. So, we partook in the rehearsal dinner. It was great being there with Scott and our friends – eating, drinking, talking, laughing. Just really good times, you know?

I came home and went to bed. I was so tired. I am still tired, as Katie our dog wouldn’t let me go back to sleep after my alarm went off accidentally at 6 a.m. ugh. Scott and I have been busy bees this morning, as we work to get the house ready for my folks! I cannot WAIT for that!!

The scale had me at -99.5 today. I am not going to sweat it. I am saying I am 100 down. I saw it yesterday. I know it’s real. YAYYAYAYA.

Well, I better start thinking about getting ready for the wedding. I am so excited!

Oh P.S.! I stopped by Lane Bryant today to make a return. I wanted to see if there was anything at all I could get to wear to the wedding. They don’t have many dressy clothes, so I knew it was a stretch. The good news is that I am a solid 18/20 (mostly 18) there but I did also fit into some 14/16 tops!!!!!!! OMG I never dreamed that I would fit into a 14/16 anything!!! I was SO THRILLED!!!!! They still fit snug but I will take it! I just cannot wait to fit into “normal” sizes…my whole world will open up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home