Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

6.15.2005

Post-Op Day 172 - Knock, knock, knocking on 100's door

Well, here I am…knocking on Century Club door. It’s going painfully s-l-o-w to get there. I lost a whopping 5 pounds last weekend to push me to 95 pounds gone - so that spoiled me totally.

The rest of the week I have flirted with 95.5 and 96 pounds gone. Yesterday I was 96 pounds gone and now this morning I am back to 95. Funny, yesterday I worked my ass off cleaning the house and I didn’t eat a lot. You’d think I’d drop a ton.

I cannot WAIT to hit the 100 mark! I know all of us who have this surgery feel that way. We qualified for the surgery because we had AT LEAST 100 pounds to lose. So, to know you got that huge chunk off is psychologically powerful. Of course 95 pounds is a huge number too and I am so thankful for it. I mean, it’s insane that I could lose 95 pounds in just 24 weeks! OMG it’s a miracle!

I still struggle with not seeing the loss a lot of times. I guess it’s just happened so quickly that my mind hasn’t caught up with my body. I mean, I know I’ve lost weight. But, it still freaks me out when I put on something I was wearing 24 weeks ago and it swallows me. Where did I go, you know?? I’m definitely NOT complaining! Hehe

New support group at work

The gastric bypass support group I started at work is going really well. I love how we have people in all stages – from curious to the plastic surgery phase.

I love helping people and being helped. Peer support is just so essential in this journey. So is giving back what you’ve received. I talk to people all day long about my surgery. I am proud that I took control of my life, and if I can educate the public and even possibly help save another life like mine was saved – then it’s worth sharing all the details of my journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home