Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

5.30.2005

Post-Op Day 152 - Five months and 89 pounds!

Well the official total for five months is in – 89 pounds down! Woo hoo! How exciting! I just can’t believe it! I feel so fortunate! When I weighed yesterday, I was so hoping the scale wouldn’t have me heavier than the day before. I mean, it wouldn’t have devastated me but it would have been a bummer.

This morning when I got on the scale, it was a tease. It had me at 89.5 hahha. Sooooooooo close to 90 – gosh! I told Scott that the numbers 90 and higher just seem like SO MUCH. He said so were the 70s and 80s. I know that of course, but there’s something about 90 and more to me. I can’t believe how small the numbers are getting on the scale. I think I will feel the same about the 220s and lower as I do about 90 and more. Just some numbers really grab ya!

Actually, this will be a short entry. It’s time to go to bed. I’ve done nothing all Memorial Day weekend. We did go out dancing Saturday night, and I had a blast of course. I always do. Once a party girl, always a party girl.

I’ve tried not to stress getting the results from the biopsy back this weekend, but I am scared. This is such a heavy cloud over me right now. I try to be positive, but I am definitely nervous and frightened. I just feel so blessed to have had this amazing surgery, and I want to live my life in abundance – even more than before. I appreciate things so much now - and I just want to get out from under the cloud. Hope that makes sense.

I had an offline message today on Yahoo from my friend Al back in Louisville. He and I met online over five years ago and, though we’ve only met in person a couple of times, we’ve created a bond that will last a lifetime. He is such an insightful, precious man who has always been nothing but a big supporter of me. I don’t know how I got so lucky for God to bless me with such an angel, but He did.

I rarely hear from Al – maybe once every three months. And I always hear from him via offline messages. But, he’s always got something very positive to say and he never ceases to amaze me with the depth of his care for me. Well, I guess he read my journal recently and learned of my struggles. As a result, he left me a beautiful offline that I will close with. Thank you Al – I love you dearly, my Friend.

Melissa Sometimes it's difficult, if not impossible, to fathom the big Plan. I think you've always been one to accomplish great things. Most of them have been goals of your own choosing; however, there are times when we must rise to the challenges that are chosen for us. I know you to be a fine lady, and I know you'll be just fine. I'll always remember you. Wishing you all the best, al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home