Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

5.31.2005

Post-Op Day 153 - The results are in!

The results are in and......it's benign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so relieved! I didn't realize how much it was stressing me out until I had to wait today for the results. The nurse called at 3:30 or so. What a blessing it was to hear that news.

On June 23, I go to meet with the surgeon again to schedule a time to get it taken out. I definitely don't want to sit back and watch to see what happens. I want it out of there.

Scott has been such a wonderful supporter through all this - and the rest of my stuff. When he woke me up this morning, he said, "Today's the day you're gonna get good news!" He is so precious.

The day started kinda scary. The nurse that drives me nuts at my PCP's office called to tell me that my bloodwork indicated that my liver functions were elevated on two accounts. My PCP wants me to get an ultrasound on my liver Friday. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got ahold of Pam, the FABULOUS nurse in Dr. Naaman's office. She had me get my info faxed over so Dr. N could review it. She called me back and said that my levels were even higher in one instance March 29. She said after surgery, our levels bounce and Dr. N isn't concerned. However, he said to go ahead and do the ultrasound but he doesn't think anything will be found.

Soooooooo....I dunno. I am just tired, ya know?

Anyway, I am just going to enjoy knowing that tumor is benign and I will take the rest as it comes my way - one step at a time.

***

I received a lot of comments on my weight loss today it seems. It's so good to hear it. I am just loving it all and I never want to take it for granted.

God, thank YOU for all my blessings. Please bless everyone on this journey, no matter what phase they are in. Also bless those who didn't get good news today.

Goodbye May and hello June...Here's hoping I hit 100!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home