Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

6.05.2005

Post-Op Day 158 - Hitting the big time!

Where did this weekend go? Scott was out of town, so I was a bachelorette. Man I missed him. The house is so lonely without him.

I went out Friday night and had a blast though. I have my usual bar that I hang out at, so I look forward to seeing everyone each week. It's such a long drive (45 minutes one way), but I've never found a place that I enjoy more than there.

Everyone who has gone out with me knows that I love to shake my sexy big a$$. I'm a party girl in every sense of the word. I've been that way even at my highest weight. Now that I am dropping weight, it just gets more and more fun. :-)

I am still feeling great after the cancer scare. Yes, I am still apprehensive about having another surgery, but I can handle it. I can handle the scar too. I just am scared of the potential partial facial paralysis. The doctor said to trust him - so I will. God has carried me through so much already, I know He will guide the surgeon's hand on this one too.

Hitting the big time

Well yesterday I did it - I hit 90 pounds gone!!! I thought it might be a fluke, but sure enough this morning, I was down 90.5! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe that I have lost 90 pounds! I thought for sure I would be the one that failed at this surgery. I cannot believe in less than six months, I am down 90 pounds!

I cannot imagine how excited I will feel when I hit 100 if I feel this excited at 90! :-) I know I say it over and over, but this surgery is a miracle! I think of all the years I spent loathing myself and berating myself for not dropping the pounds. I think of how scared I was that my weight kept climbing, and I couldn't get my eating under control to stop the cycle. I think of how every summer I would think "next summer I will be smaller and healthier" but then the next summer would come, and I would be the same or bigger.

There are so many things like that. I had no idea how much being that overweight bothered and scared me. Now that I am getting smaller, I know that it did. Very much so. I am now able to be the me on the outside that I have been on the inside. I hope that makes sense.

More and more compliments

My weight loss is still drawing lots of compliments and comments. My new victory jeans, I'm told, are looking too baggy in the butt. They're not baggy to me...but I dunno. It's so hard to gauge what really fits and what doesn't. Everything that fits seems so tight. But that's when people go wild over my loss. I am loving the compliments though. I am so blessed. I know I say that all the time, but I never want to be ungrateful for this new lease on life.

Hair loss...

I have to say that this week, I've noticed a decrease in the hair that comes out while in the shower. I don't have as much wrapping around my fingers. It's still coming out really easy when I brush it and put styling products in my hair. However, I will take what I can get, you know?

I don't know if it is slowing down on its own or if it is the Nioxin I am using. I am hoping it's doing it on its own, obviously. I feel like my hair looks thin - but when I see pics of me, it doesn't look too thin. Also, others say it is looking good. It's just very disturbing to have your hair come out in abundance. Ugh.

This week

I have lots of meetings it seems. I wanted to go to Dallas this coming weekend, but I don't think I will. I need to start getting the house organized. Mom and Dad will be here the 29th! I am sooooooooo excited to see them! I keep wondering what it will be like for them. I want to have Scott scan some photos of me with my folks from last year, and then we'll take some this year. I HATE the pics from last year.

Other than that, I am hoping for a low-key week. I need one. I do have an awards banquet I am going to on Thursday. I need to find myself a dazzling outfit to show off my new shape. I can also wear it to a wedding later on this month. :-)

Thank You God for Your many blessings. Please bless all of us on this journey - no matter what phase each person is in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home