Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

6.24.2005

Post-op Day 177 - Hitting the big 1-0-0!!!

This morning, the scale told me that I have hit 100 pounds gone.

I sit here in disbelief. I’ve only told Scott. I’m afraid to tell others in case it’s a fluke. I want to make sure the scale tells me that tomorrow.

Still, I have to say OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The feelings of seeing 224 on the scale were overwhelming. The first time I stepped on and saw the number, I looked and looked away. I couldn’t even accept it. It was so exciting, it overloaded my senses, you know?

I brushed my teeth – the whole time thinking, “Can it really be true??”

I got back on the scale, and sure enough, 224 came back up on the screen!! I just cannot believe it said 324 when I weighed 25 weeks ago. Well actually, I was too big to weigh on that scale. It was the other one I gave up in the first month or so when I could weigh on a normal scale again. God, thank You for all those seemingly minor victories that are so big in reality.

It’s been a whirlwind to say the least. I just cannot fathom that I’ve been lucky enough to get off 100 pounds! It’s truly a dream come true for me. I remember when Pam, Dr. N’s nurse, said to me, “Now when you lose 100 pounds…” I kept thinking, “Wow! That would be something, but nothing that great could happen to me.”

And it has. Thank You God!

I feel so blessed. Sometimes you don’t really appreciate your blessings as you should. I am working in my life right now to appreciate them to the fullest. My biggest blessing is my husband Scott. In this 100-pound loss, he has cheered me on, listened to me bitch, and helped me through the tough parts. I love him so very much and I thank God for him.

I’ve also had the blessing of so many wonderful friends. My top supporter is my friend Liz. She’s been my rock through all this and I love her to pieces. On top of that, I have amazing friends at work who encourage me day in, day out. I’ve also had my friend Donna and my bypass twin Diana – both who are special people.

I can’t forget my parents either. I didn’t know how they would really feel about me having this surgery, but they’ve been fantastic. They love me through it all. Next week they will arrive. I am so eager to hear what they have to say about my loss. They haven’t seen me this whole time. So, that’s going to be a mind trip for them.

I am eager to see if the scale shows the same thing tomorrow. If not, I know I am very close to being firmly planted in the Century Club. Wow. It just blows me away. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home