Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

4.15.2005

Post-Op Day 106 - Who you callin' Skinny? :-)

I just had to post quickly to say that I hit my 70-pound mark this morning! I am so excited! I can’t believe it sometimes – it’s happened so quickly! It’s weird – the losses seem to drag sometimes. And then you stop and realize – OMG I am down 70 POUNDS! Four months ago, before the surgery, I weighed 324 or so pounds. Now I weight 254!

While it has taken a while to really start showing on me (and I’ve still not as quickly through clothing sizes as most do because of my height and build), I believe the loss is now apparent to those who know me. It never fails that every day at work someone comments. I am constantly being called “Slim,” “Skinny” and “Skinny Minnie.” You know how wild that is to hear when you still weigh in the 250s? hahaha I love it! I eat it up!

Sometimes it will just hit people who see me every day out of the blue. They will just stop, stare and say something like: “Oh my God, you really ARE losing a lot of weight! You look amazing!”

What I love hearing most from every single man I know is: “Babe you were already hot and you just keep getting hotter!” The men I’ve known have always supported me even at my highest weight. I’ve always embraced my sexuality and the power of me – and men have loved it.

Most women have said similar things too. They’ve told me I was fine the way I was and I am just getting better and better. Only a few times have I heard from women things like “Wow –you’re getting pretty” or something like that. I’ve come to realize that’s just a reflection of their own insecurity – that they feel that women are only pretty if they are smaller.

That’s a myth - a rotten apple they bit into a long time ago. As I’ve always said: Sexy comes in all sizes and it’s not determined by a number on the scale. If you are pre-op or still full-figured in your weight-loss journey, I hope you are embracing your sexuality and sensuality now. Please don’t wait until some “magical time” in your life when you’re some number on the scale to embrace your power. If you do, you’re going to be sorely disappointed that some amazing metamorphosis doesn’t happen just because you’re thin. LOVE YOURSELF NOW!

Ok I am off the soapbox…

Anyway – I am finding each day to be an adventure. Even when the day is stressful or long, the compliments make it so worthwhile. I love talking about my bypass. I tell anyone and everyone who will listen. Bernie at Dr. Naaman’s office is always thanking me for my referrals. Haha I just can’t help but share the news about how amazing bypass surgery is. I feel like an evangelist for it. Haha I know it’s not for everyone but I also there are so many out there who are clueless about the facts – much like I use to be.

I have to go to work. I just had to share the news….It just keeps getting better and better. Thank You God so much for this tool! Please bless everyone on this journey…

P.S. I just realized that I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My BMI is 39.8. In 15 weeks, I have lost 10.9 BMI points! I no longer would qualify for the gastric bypass surgery, as I had no comorbidities except for my weight! I never dreamed I would be thrilled to have the title of "severely Obese" but hey, I will take what I can get! hehe Yay for me!

I only need to lose 31 more pounds to be plain ol' obese. Of course you know that that means...in 31 pounds, I will have lost 101 pounds. Now how cool would THAT be????

Anyway, I just had to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home