Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

2.06.2005

Post-Op Day 39 - In the homestretch!

Well I am in the homestretch for food. Wednesday is the day I am free to eat pureed and soft foods! Yay for me! haha

I remembered Friday night that my nutritionist told me that a week or two before I transition into a new eating phase, I could start experimenting. So, I tried tuna with mayo. I was sooooooo scared to eat. It felt weird to truly chew again. I was super cautious as I ate. It seems to have sat with me ok..I just was kind of burpy. haha

Last night I got brave again and tried a cheese quesadilla on the way home from a nightclub. It tasted SO GOOD, but I was so afraid of it. I chewed and chewed and chewed. I had just one triangle...and then pulled some cheese off of a second one. I kept worrying about it getting stuck. I didn't have any problems, so I went on to bed. This morning it felt kinda stuck, but once I drank water I was fine.

Today I tried two tablespoons of refried beans mixed with cheese and a little sour cream. It was so good - but I couldn't eat it all. Isn't that wild? I didn't get sick, but I felt kinda queasy. This is all going to be trial-and-error. I think on Wednesday when I am cleared to eat soft foods, I am still going to do one or two new things a day but mostly drink liquids until I get the hang of it.

It's kinda of hard to remember to stop liquids for 30 minutes, not eat when you drink and then wait another 45 minutes. I am so use to drinking while eating. But, I understand why we can't do it.

I only felt comfortable experimenting because I got good news on Friday - Dr. Naaman cleared me to move freely and exercise again! YAY! I think I will return to the YMCA once I can start eating more food. I have to say - when I was dancing last night, it still felt weird in my tummy. I tried to lift some 3-pound weights this afternoon and I felt like a weakling. Maybe tomorrow I will start ab crunches. I miss being more physical.

I am sooooo excited to start shaping up my body. It's so awesome knowing that I will have guaranteed slimming results. Before, it took so long to lose weight and see results from workouts. I know this time, my body will really respond well with the weight dropping off. Woo hoo!

Ok...I will write more later. God please bless me in this next new phase, and please bless everyone on this journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home