Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.27.2005

Post-Op Day 272: Getting life back to normal


All is pretty normal around here except for one thing: We still have no hot water!

When Scott returned yesterday, he was able to turn the gas on but our pilot light on our hot-water heater is broken. So we are still without hot water. The company who installed it said they can be out between noon and 5. If they come early enough, I can grab a shower (finally!!!) and go to work.

Otherwise, life is going great. I am trying to keep it all in perspective because I've seen how awful things can be!

Last night I went to McDonald's. The line was still realllllly backed up. My eyes were bigger than my pouch. I got three cheeseburgers (I don't eat the buns ever) and a large fries. I barely ate one patty and a handful of fries. haha It's amazing how your brain still thinks in pre-op terms. I am glad I can't eat that much though.

As for the scale, it once more read 199.5 - so I guess it's official: I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!!! While I have barely crossed over, I will take whatever I can get! :-) I am sure I will do some bouncing around before I get firmly planted in Onederland, but it's just thrilling to know I have finally arrived! :-) YAYAY!

Ok I am going to check work emails and do some things as I wait for hot water.

Thank You God for Your many blessings and mercies.
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home