Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.15.2005

Post-Op Day 260: Checking in

My weight stayed the same this morning, so nothing new to report on that front.

Work is still stressful as hell and sometimes I feel like I am going to explode. Not out of anger, just pressure from all the tension. I am monitoring that because I know that kind of stress isn't good for anyone, especially me and my rundown immune system. I'm recovering well from the surgery, but I know I am not 100 percent. I want to make sure that I don't make things bad for me.

Today should be fairly good. I do have to do some in-depth paperwork. I hate paperwork. However, other than that, I have my gastric bypass support group meeting at work this afternoon. And then Scott and I are going to meet up after work for our Thursday happy hour. I love that. It's not because of the drinking (I probably won't even drink-or maybe I will! haha)...it's more about sitting there talking, listening to the jukebox and just chilling out.

Anyway....On to the most exciting part of my day yesterday! I received, out of the blue, an email from Kimberly Taylor. She runs the bariatric program at the hospital where I had my surgery. She went a long, long way to help make me comfortable in the idea of having gastric bypass. Even as a post-op, she's done wonders in helping me keep my sanity when I've plateaued.

I remember the day I first talked to her on the phone when I was considering surgery, I was floored. She is AMAZING!!! She shared her surgery story, and then she listened as I talked through my fears. I've never felt so instantly connected to someone. She's one of those people you can't help but adore instantly.

Well, Kimberly has always loved my writing almost as I love hers. We have our own mutual admiration club I think. hehe She's really been spreading her wings lately and she is now a contributing writer to WLS Magazine - the premier magazine for us weight-loss surgery folks. I cannot WAIT to read her column. I'm a subscriber and I am so antsy to get my magazine!

Yesterday's e-mail from Kimberly blew me away. I've told her that I want to write my series of books. But you know, you never think that anyone really listens to you to the point that your dreams really sink into their minds. It's not that people don't care - it's just they have their own goals and dreams they're focused on. So, to receive an email from someone who actually is working to make my dreams come true touches me so deeply.

Here's what she said in her email entitled 'Hey there, Butterfly':

...I am wondering how your butterfly series is coming. I am asking because I am now a contributing writer for WLS Lifestyles magazine. I will have a regular column (if people like it) titled “Observations From an Obesity Overcomer” and am developing a good relationship with the publisher, Brian Davidson. Brian has also agreed to join the national committee of the ASBS Foundation’s Walk From Obesity, so that will give me further opportunity to develop the relationship with him in hopes that I’ll be able to pitch your butterfly book series to him.

So … get busy writing! I have big hopes and dreams for you. I know you have a lot to share with the world, beautiful butterfly!


OMG how incredible is that???????????????????????????????????????? It really fired me up! I sent her my plan and about six or seven or so writing samples. When I re-read what I've written, I was overwhelmed. Sometimes I can't believe this stuff has come from me. I know it's not me saying these things, but God speaking through me. I hope I will always keep my mind open to His message. Maybe that's why it's so hard to sit down and focus. There's so much He's putting in my mind, it's hard to get it all out through my fingers to type it!

So there you have it. I keep feeling like this is going to work out somehow. With an Angel helping me along the way, how can it not? It's almost scary to think that it COULD happen. It's like with our weight loss. It's exciting but scary as hell to realize your dreams. But, I am willing to take that chance. I really, really want to spend my life helping the obese and recovering obese. I feel it's my life's calling.

Ok I need to run. Thank You God for the miracles You bring to our lives each day. Let us be able to recognize them as such and be grateful.

xoxoox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home