Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.26.2005

Post-Op Day 271: Back online

I am finally back online! I once more feel connected with the world! It's amazing how we ever functioned before the Internet. haha

I just posted the entry I wrote yesterday. As I re-read it, I still cannot believe all that has gone on this past week. Wow...Incredible.

It's hard to believe it's Monday. We're out of work right now, but will return tomorrow. I remember when I left on Wednesday, the fear and the unknown were looming. We'd tell each other, "See you on the other side." We had no idea if our work or our friends would survive. I am just so thankful that we were not impacted as we could have been.

I feel so bad for the people in Beaumont, Port Arthur and the surrounding areas. My best friend Liz lives in Beaumont. I pray her home is ok. I have other friends who have family in that area as well. I pray for them all.

The scale showed both 199.5 and 200 this morning. I know I am right on that line. I thought I would be more happier today, but I just feel so out of sorts with everything. I wish I were eating better more than anything. I find myself eating just random junk. I've not gone overboard or started stress eating. Often I have to tell myself to eat. But when I do eat, it's nothing really healthy for me. I think once I get back into a routine, I will get things straightened out.

When I hit 199, that means I will have only 40 more pounds to my 159 lb. goal. I cannot imagine I will only have 40 pounds to lose. That's so doable. I am still so thrilled with my surgery. I know if this was last year, I would have gained 10 pounds this past week from stress eating. It would have given me the perfect excuse to eat all the candy, cakes and other comfort food I wanted. So while I know I could be eating better now, I realize I could be eating a whole helluva lot worse!

Anyway, I am going to go nap. I just wanted to get back online and get my life back to normal as much as possible. This too shall pass.

Thank You God for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home