Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.21.2005

Post-Op Day 266: Thank God for my new tiny tummy

If I still had my old stomach size, I would probably gain five pounds today alone on stress eating. Luckily with my gastric bypass, I can only stuff about two thumbs-size worth of food down right now.

Hurricane Rita is bearing down on the Texas coast - currently at a Category 5. I just learned a few hours ago that my husband is going to ride out the hurricane from his office building in Houston. So that leaves Katie and me to drive to his parents' house house all alone. I was not happy with this at all when I learned. I don't want to be without my husband in a time of crisis.

I understand that he is considered essential personnel. If I were still a journalist, I would probably have chosen to ride it out here in town myself. So, I do understand his dedication to his job. I know Exxon will take good care of him with food, water, sturdy shelter and medical care. It's just scary to leave your husband behind in something so unpredictable. I am terrified inside.

This day has been like a dream. I was at Walmart this morning at 6:30 a.m. and it was a zoo. At work, it was a ghost town as only a few of us were there to pack up our computers and take care of some essential things. It's weird to see on national news that Johnson Space Center is closed. I forget that the rest of the country might think that's a big deal.

The roads are packed, gas stations have huge lines, banks are running out of cash - it's sheer craziness. I am glued to the TV. I want to overeat so badly in some ways; but in other ways I don't want to eat at all. What I have eaten, I've eaten very little of it. I am grazing more than anything, but I am quickly realizing food is no longer a satisfier.

I've got most of my stuff loaded up. I am waiting to pack the essentials until it is time to go. I bathed Katie so she wouldn't be a stinky dog for get "grandparents." She is going to be so confused and lost. I wish I could explain this to her.

Our neighbors are boarding up their windows. We're not. Not enough time or supplies. It's so freaky to see our neighborhood in this shape. There's just a sense of anxiety in the air all around.

I feel sorry for my parents back in Indiana. It must be torture knowing your child has to go through this and you can't be together. Mom was going to offer to fly me and Katie back since Scott's riding it out, but I told her it's way too late for that now.

Anyway...this will definitely be my last post until it's all over. Please say a prayer for us and all affected.

God please bless us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home