Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.20.2005

Post-Op Day 265: Where do I even begin?

Gosh it's been a while. Things have been nuts and my weight is stuck at 201 lbs. Anyway, the craziness started with Thursday...

After I wrote in my blog that day, I received a phone call that one of my employees/friends was in the hospital. I, along with most of my team, spent the entire morning with her as she was in horrible pain. I didn't go into work until after they wheeled her into the surgery.

While it was learned that has she had major infection all over her reproductive system, doctors still to this day don't know what caused it. I am so just so relieved she pulled through, but I am frustrated that she has no answers.

Let's see what else...

I was up all that night sick to my stomach. Then I had a rather low-key weekend. Scott and I went out Saturday and had fun, though I got sick to my stomach again that night too. It wasn't back like the first time, but it still dampened my spirits a little. I just love spending time with him, and I never want anything like that to get in the way.

Finally, the topic of yesterday and today has been the looming Hurricane Rita. Reports have been back and forth repeatedly about how it's going to hit here and the how it's not going to hit here and so on. It's scaring the hell out of me - that's all I know for sure. I am from Indiana and have never through this kind of craziness.

Today most of my team made plans to evacuate the area tomorrow. I plan to work and then we're going to my in-laws on Thursday. Today I left work early to get my truck maintenanced and so I could begin packing.

Do you know how horribly hard it is to try and decide what's the most important things in your life? It's all valuable or I wouldn't have it! Of course my husband and my dog are my two most valuable things...but after that, you struggle. I've packed away important paperwork and photos. However, there's so much more that means a lot.

Plus, just the fear of thinking that this beautiful home we just built last year could be damaged. Scott reminds me that insurance will cover it all. However, it's all of our hopes and dreams. I love our home so much, and I constantly am amazed that I could have something this nice in my life. It's far from a mansion, but it's ours, you know?

Anyway, I've been glued to the tv, and I will keep watching tonight and tomorrow to see how this thing is going to start shaping up. I don't know if I will post again before evacuating. If I don't, I will write when I return.

God - please bless us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home