Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.11.2005

It's football season and I weigh less than Refrigerator Perry hehe

I am so excited...the Colts are on and they are kicking a$$!!! yayaya!

As I was sitting there watching the game, I had a big realization....I no longer weigh as much as or even MORE than many NFL football players! I know that might sound weird, but it's a fact!

I used to watch those games and, when I'd see their stats, I would feel so terrible. Even the ones who looked huge would sometimes weigh less than me. I mean - I was 324 lbs.!!

Last football season, I remember I was a fresh post-op in January and still wondering if I had made the right decision to surgically alter my body to lose weight. I would watch the playoffs and think, "I wonder if next football season I will weigh less than these guys?"

Now at 205.5 lbs., I am bigger than some but not most! I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited! I wish I could go back and tell the me of then that it all worked out ok. Isn't that strange? But it's true. I was so scared even though I knew it was the right thing to do. I was just so afraid I would fail. Or maybe I was afraid I would succeed?

Anyway, it was just really, really nice to have that realization.

As for the rest of my day...I got dressed and headed to my support group meeting. However, I was running late and just turned back home. I stopped and got us a pizza on the way back. It's so nice to eat just the toppings off of two pieces and feel stuffed! Sometimes it's frustrating when the food I want to eat is sooooo good. It's like I don't want to stop. But, I am so glad I have to. :-)
After that, I just felt exhausted from pushing myself this weekend. I took like a four-hour nap. Then I went to the grocery at 9 so I would have good food in stock for this week. We've had a lot of nothing good around the house, and I had to change that. I want to ensure that I stay focused. I want to reach Onederland SO BADLY!

Ok I need to get back to the game. I return to work this week. I am looking forward to it. :-)

Thank You God for the normal things in life. Let me never take them for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home