Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.05.2005

The misery continues...

To make things easier, I am just going to post here what I posted on the parotid tumor support group message board. I just want to strike a balance here....


I want to thank those who gave me advice yesterday in coping with the pain. I took it and slept for most of the day while being heavily drugged.

It's time now for more meds. I hesitate to take more until I have a bowel movement. I am extremely constipated and haven't had a BM in four days. As a gastric bypass patient, this isn't good. I am suppose to have them each day to ensure my new inner workings are functioning properly.

Yesterday I took two stool softeners and drank some milk of magenesia (on top of lots of water) - but it has yet to produce anything. I just took a walk in hopes to get things moving and now I am drinking more water. I am not able to take prunes, as my new system doesn't digest skins of fruit well.

If I don't produce something today, I am going to call my bypass surgeon tomorrow for help. It's really hard to balance the needs of the bypass with the needs of this surgery.


My pain level right now is about an 7. My right side is still extremely tender and swollen - and I have a killer headache.

Yesterday my pain level was an 8 or 9. I know it's going to get back in the higher zone if I don't take my meds. So, here's hoping for a BM soon. I never have wished for one more in my life. haha

Ok Sorry to give such detail. I just wanted to share since everyone here is so open.

Thanks again for your great words of advice yesterday.

Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home