Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.11.2005

Post-Op Day 256: Feeling like me again!

Last night was a blast!!! And to think - I almost bailed on my friend Mark because I was still feeling kinda blah. But when I realized it was his birthday and he was going to spend it alone at this sad pick-up bar with old, easy women, I got my act together, got myself sassified and told him I was on my way!

I am so glad I did. We had a great time! Since I drove and I was paying, he had no excuse not to get trashed. And he did. He said it was his best birthday ever. That is sad in itself. haha

Seriously, he's a great guy. He's single too, Ladies. He went through a terrible divorce and his three precious little girls are living with their mom in Colorado. I feel bad for him being so far from the girls. He seems really lost in life in a lot of ways. I know it's just a time of transition for him, but it's hard to see your friend looking for something that even he doesn't know what it is.

Anyway, he and I did our usual people watching, dancing the pole to "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin, Darlin' and being silly. He did body shots from the waitress, he had lots of women lap dance him during his birthday song, we gave dollars to the women who got up and danced the pole and we shook our butts to "Staying Alive." hahaha I love that place - it's so crazy! The funny part is, I am one of the youngest people there.

It was a great night, and I am so glad that I was able to give him some laughs. He deserves them. I am also glad that I went because it made me feel truly back to "normal" again. I SO am a party girl, and I just love to get out and dance, laugh and have FUN!

I had to include a compilation of pics taken of Mark. The first is of him when I first picked him up. He's as sober as can be. The last three were taken as I dropped him off. He's out of it. haha





This is just a pic of me cheesing it up with him when I picked him up. I look goofy in here, but I thought it was a fun pic - so I am including it. :-)


And, it wouldn't be me if I didn't shoot some pics of myself before going out. I am actually glad I've done this over the past few months because it's allowed me to see my progress and changes. I don't take a lot of candid shots in general, so it's been a good way to keep track. :-)



(cock-eyed photo especially for Diana hehe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home