Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.10.2005

Photos, Photos, Photos!!

I just put together two folders of photos - they feature me pre-op dating back to 2001 and me post-op with my most current pics. I think it overall tells a good story of where I've been and where I am now.

My weight bounced around constantly pre-op. I started out around at in the 299-305 range in 2001. After doing Weight Watchers several times, I got it into the 280s and 270s in 2002 and 2003. I felt really good about myself then and felt I looked pretty sexxxy.

In 2004, my weight climbed back up and didn't stop. It was such a stressful year - being promoted to my first supervisor position ever; buying and building our first house; planning our wedding in less than a week; getting married; moving into our new house; going through contract changeovers at work and fearing I would lose my job; having a breast lump that needed to be removed...and those are just the highlights.

I gained weight from overeating because of the stress, and then the excess weight caused me the most stress of all. So, I in turn ate even more and more. Being approved for gastric bypass was such a blessing, and rounding out my crazy year by having it on Dec. 29 was the best thing ever for my health and sanity!

By the time I had my surgery, I was the biggest I had ever been and feeling scared and out of control. I can tell I was miserable because there were so few pics of me taken in 2004. I didn't want any taken because I was hating how I looked and didn't want to face seeing myself in photos.

It's wild, because in the 270s-290 weight range, I was a picture whore. I had to take a lot of time picking and choosing the pics I wanted to share because I have so many! I loved showing off and proving how sexy a big girl could be. But by the time my weight climbed into the 300s, I didn't feel sexy one bit.

It was so much fun to go through the post-op pics and see how I have changed. Sometimes I can't see it too well, but then when I look at the pics - I see it clearly. I am still adjusting to how I look now and I am still trying to find my place in this world. I think I will get better looking over time and as my hair can finally grow back out. That's the one thing I hate - I had to cut my hair when I was losing it so badly in May and June. It's on its way now to getting grown back out, and I am so excited.

Anyway, here's the link to my pics. I'd love to get some feedback!
http://community.webshots.com/user/transformingmelissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home