Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.27.2005

My thoughts on reaching Onederland...

This is what I posted to my doctor's support group:

Well, the scale has said it three days in a row, so I am counting it as official: I am FINALLY IN ONEDERLAND at 199.5!!!! I haven't weighed in the 100s since high school - which is about 15 years ago!!! I cannot believe it!!!

I remember when I was starting out at 324 pounds on Dec. 29, 2004, I was just eager to get out of the 300s! When I crossed into the 200s, I felt such a sense of relief. I knew I didn't have to go back there unless I wanted to - and of course I didn't want to! At that point, I couldn't even imagine getting into the 100s.

As I've traveled through the 200s, the reality that I might once more make it back to the 100s began to hit me. I think it seemed attainable when I hit 249 lbs. Now I am here, I just can't help but think "WOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOWOW!"

It's amazing how much a .5 pound loss can change things in your mind. The numbers 200 and 199.5 are just a hair apart but, in many ways, they're a complete world apart, you know? I now finally feel like I am in the homestretch!

I figure I will bounce back and forth for a little bit until I am firmly planted in the 100s. Still, just to register that number on the scale is a victory for me beyond words! It looks so weird to see a "1" leading off my weight! I never dreamed I would lose 124.5 and hit the 100s in less than nine months after my surgery. God is so good!

This journey has so many victories along the way. I've worked to celebrate them all and to be appreciative of what I have been given. Still, there are some victories that stand out more than others - and this has been the ultimate one yet. :-)

My next goal is to hit 191 - which will make me simply "overweight" on the BMI charts, as I am 5'7". It floors me how I could lose almost 125 pounds and still be considered "obese." It really opens my eye to just how unhealthy I was before my surgery. I think I was in denial, but that reality sure woke me up! It scares me to think where I would be now if I hadn't had the surgery.

I still have 40.5 more pounds to my goal weight. When I hit 159, I will be at the highest BMI to be considered "normal." I am sure when I get there, I will want to get to about 150 or so I have some breathing room. However, I need a goal to focus on and 159 is it for right now.

It's funny, when I went to Weight Watchers all 15 or so times, I used to be so jealous of those women who said they had to lose 40 pounds. I use to think - "That's nothing compared to needing to lose 165 or so pounds!" Now I am there and I can't believe it. And yes, 40 now seems like a lot now to me. haha But I will just keep pushing on and doing my best.

I am so grateful for this tool, the expertise of Dr. Naaman and the love and support of all of you on this journey as well.

Anyway, just had to share! :-)

Love,
Melissa
LAP RNY - Dr. Naaman
Dec. 29, 2004
324/199.5!!!/159

http://melissastransformation.homestead.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home