Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

8.28.2005

Post-Op Day 241: Getting back to normal!

Happy Sunday!

I'm still around. I've just been busy doing a lot of nothing. haha I feel like I am in a fog. I am actually very stressed about my upcoming surgery, so I've been trying to chill out this weekend and just enjoy time with my wonderful hubby and sweet Katie.

I have to say that I am so happy that Scott made it back into town! It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome to see him walk through the door of Gringo's Restaurant Thursday night.

It was so awesome because, before Scott could tell the host he was there to meet his wife, he turned around and saw me. His face lit up and he hugged me sooooooo big. I am sure people thought we hadn't seen each other in years! That was the best hug! It felt so great to be in his arms!!

Then, he said the greatest thing to me ever: "You look so beautiful!!"

He told me over dinner that it was wild to be away for a week and then see me. When you're with someone every day, it's hard to see the weight loss like others do. However, being away and then seeing me really blew his mind. He said I look so small. It was so great hearing that!!

This entire week in fact I've been getting compliments in abundance. I think it's because I bought those clothes that fit my form. For instance, on Thursday as I was leaving work to meet Scott, I was standing in the lobby talking to Joanne. When I turned to go, a high-school girl who works as a clerk in the newsroom yelled out, "Oh My God Melissa! I didn't even know that was you!!!! You look incredible!!!"

I was speechless. This girl barely says, "Boo!" I said, "Oh...thank you!"

But she kept going on and on. I was flattered, but I also felt overwhelmed by the attention. Even as I was leaving, I could hear her tell someone, "Did you see Melissa??"

Then on Friday, my team had a goodbye party we had to attend. So, several of us walked into the room and started socializing. But, before I could talk to anyone, a few people were like, "Melissa! You look incredible!!!" Even one of my former employees said, "You're looking good!" I told him, "I always have looked good." hehe

I was standing at a table signing a goodbye banner when another coworker said my name. I turned and she said, "Man your butt is just so small. You look incredible."

I am loving all of the compliments indeed. However, I am having a hard time with the spotlight at times. That's really strange because I am such a show-off and a total ham. I guess I've never had THIS much attention and it is taking some adjustment. Other than that, I feel awesome knowing people can see the benefits of my hard work.

Ok I need to run. Thank You God for the many blessings you've given me. I never want to take them for granted.

P.S. Speaking of blessings...I just had to share this. When Scott got to the house after his trip, he handed me this beautiful rose. He had snipped it while in Nashville and wanted to bring it back to me as a gift. He packed it carefully so it would survive the trip. When he handed it to me, he said: "When I saw it, I had to have it because it was the only thing there that reminded me of Texas and my beautiful wife."
:-) I love that man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home