Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

9.08.2004

Making progress

I received a call back today from Dr. Beryl Harberg's office. I was on my way to a meeting (actually late to one that I was leading with my upper management), so I just told the lady all my info really quick.

She asked my height and weight and said I was a candidate with that. She asked my insurance company, and she told me they work with them. She ask for my social security number and my insurance info.

After I finished with my meeting, my mind started racing with a ton of questions. I think I will call back tomorrow and check my status. I am trying to not get impatient with this process because I know it could take a long time to do any tests, doctor-supervised diets, etc.

Yesterday, I talked to my friend Joanne about it a lot. She seemed shocked that I would want to be this drastic. She is 125 pounds and has the perfect body, so I figured she could easily see why I would want the surgery. However, she is such a beautiful person inside and out, and she said she thinks I am fine the way I am. She likes that I exude self-confidence and that I represent full-figured women with pride.

I told her that I sometimes have a hard time thinking I won't be full-figured anymore. I am all about self-acceptance and I believe that sexy comes in every size. My mantra is Attitude is Everything. I believe that we shape our persona and desirability through our attitudes.

So many of my full-figured friends have rallied behind the self-love and self-acceptance that I have and find strength from it. So, as I told Joanne, I feel like a fraud and that if I have the surgery, I would be perceived as turning my back on everyone and my beliefs.

I do love myself very much, but I also know realistically I have to gain control of my weight problem. Eventually it will be a matter of life and death. So, do I wait until it is that bad, or do I take control now when I am still relatively healthy?

Anyway, I have to get ready for work. Just wanted to update my page. :-) xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home