Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

10.15.2005

Post-Op Day 290: Quick n' dirty...

Hi there! I don't have a lot of time, but I did want to touch base...

Today I weighed in at 194 - which is a total loss of 130 pounds!!! Yay for me!!! I am so excited - I don't think words can capture just how happy I am that I had this surgery. Sure, life is still stressful - but it is a lot easier to manage when you don't have so much literal baggage.

In an hour, I will be leaving to go to Scott's annual fund-raiser for the Houston Food Bank. This is the fifth year he's put on Metal Mercy, a show where local musicians donate their time and talent to raise money for the charity. This will actually be the last year Scott does it. There's a lot of factors involved in that decision, but the biggest is that the event has simply run its course. I am so very proud of Scott and all of the effort he's put into this event. He is amazing.

Last year at the event, I was close to 324 pounds. I have a photo of Scott and me at it. I looked horrible. All year I've looked forward to showing off the new me at Metal Mercy. It's been one of my milestones. I never dreamed that I would be 130 pounds lighter by the time it rolled around again. Wow. Simply amazing.

Today I went shopping to try and find something to wear. I tried on several Larges and they all fit - even though I didn't find anything that really struck my fancy. Still, it is so exciting to not even have the X there. I know in some things I will still wear XL I am sure, but it's getting to where more and more Ls fit.

I achieved one of the line items on my victory list I wrote out before my surgery...I bought knee-hi boots!!!! They're snug, but they FIT! I have always had fat legs, so there's never been a way I could every get close to wearing knee highs! I plan to wear them for Halloween! OMG life is so good!

On my way out of the store, an awesome pair of jeans with a stud design down one leg caught my eye... They were a size 16. Not 16Womens, but a straight size 16 on the Misses side. I bought them without trying them on. When I got them home, they were snug but fit. I couldn't tell if I looked good in them or like a stuffed sausage. I walked out and showed Scott - his reaction totally warmed my heart!

He was like, "OMG you look incredible in that outfit! You look so hot!" *blush* He told me he is so proud of me. "Don't get me wrong...I was proud of you before. But you've just done so good Baby!" is what he told me.

So....I need to start getting ready so that I can squeeze into those hot jeans, tease my hair and go show off my new body. I hope people can see a difference because I know I feel one - even if it is sometimes hard to see it in the mirror.

THANK YOU GOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home