Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

11.02.2005

Post-Op Day 308 : Feeling good today

This morning, I woke up feeling good. Maybe it was the extra sleep I got or maybe the fog in my mind has lifted some. I do know feeling Scott rub my back as I half-slept did wonders in making me feel safe, good and content. I love him so much.

The scale once more said 192.5, so it must be true. :-) Wow - to see that number typed there and to think I weigh it just blows me away. It sure looks a whole lot better than 324! I figured out last night that I have lost 74% of my excess weight. Gosh....just 26 more percent (basically a fourth more) and I will have no excess weight. YAYAY!

Today wasn't as bad as my work days have been lately. Thank You God for that. I felt happy throughout the day - even when it got a little stressful. I just didn't have that same sense of dread that I have been feeling.

We had an all-hands today in our auditorium. When I was about to go up the aisle, several people I hadn't seen in a while were like "Melissa you look awesome!" I was floored. I just smiled, waved, said thank you and told them I need to make these kinds of entrances more often. :-)

When I sat in the auditorium seat, I simply enjoyed fitting in it so well - with room to spare. OMG it was great. I use to cram my butt in them. I remember last November when we had a program in there, I couldn't really fit in the seat right. I sat kinda on the edge of the seat and twisted to side. My body spilled over. I remember feeling so miserable. It's amazing what can change in a year. I so appreciate those miracles.

After the program, two of NASA's photographers I work with from time to time walked me to my office and talked for a while. One of them has always thought I was da bomb - even when I was at my heaviest. The other is more quiet. This is the first time he has said anything about my changes. He was so complimentary and was wowed by how the bypass surgery works. It was great talking to them.

Other than that, nothing much else happened to report.

I am just so excited to think that next week at this time, I will be back home in Indiana with my parents. I cannot WAIT to see them and my Granny! She hasn't seen me since April 2004 - so the weight loss will look dramatic to her. I will see my other family members as well. They haven't seen me in like 2 years or so. They don't even know I had the surgery!

I am also eager/nervous to see how I fit in a plane seat. Before, I have been SO SHOVED INTO those seats with the seat belt BARELY clicking. I always felt like I was going to strangle my mid-section by keeping it on. I am wondering if I will tell a big difference.

Ok I am going to go lay down. Scott's working overtime, so I am going to snooze until he gets home.

Thank You God for all the little wonders and blessings You give me throughout the day. I never want to take them for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home