Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

10.31.2005

Post-Op Day 306: Boo!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I just have a few minutes to write but I wanted to update from yesterday.

Today turned out better than I expected. All the nurse from the GYN's office wanted was to 1. tell me that my thyroid test was normal and to have it checked again in a year and 2. to schedule my surgery. Thank You God!!! I was SO relieved to hear that. My pap smear results aren't back yet, so I am curious to know if it is ok.

Otherwise, work today was stressful and hectic yet tolerable. I started feeling crummy around noon. I am hoping I am not getting a cold or something. :-(

I did take my Adderall today, so I think that helped me clear the fog out of my mind. It also took my mind off of food. When I got home from work today, I realized that all I had consumed for the day was my Carnation with Mootopia, water, a Weight Watchers 2-point bar, two small pieces of chocolate and a banana. The Adderall curbs my hunger big time and it keeps me so focused that I simply forget to eat - especially with my little pouch. Note to self: REMEMBER TO EAT!

I went and got some Arby's. I ate like four curly fries and the beef off of my roast beef sandwich. I got some beef stuck. I rarely get food caught anymore, so it kinda surprised me.

Tonight is trick or treat night but it has been raining. I feel bad for the kids, but I am glad we didn't get any candy to hand out. Having that much left over would NOT be a good thing.

So, to enjoy the Halloween mood, I am putting below a photo taken on Friday of my employee Katie's gorgeous baby girl Carli in her princess outfit. Pictured with me are my equally gorgeous employees Joanne and Kendra. I have to say, when I saw that pic of me I was surprised at how normal-sized I looked. I finally don't stand out as HUGE. I just blend right in. Thank You for these wonderful things God. I promise to never take them for granted.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home