Melissa's Transformation - The Blog :-)

Obviously, I'm Melissa :-) This is my incredible journey as I transform inside and out after having gastric bypass surgery on Dec. 29, 2004. It's a wild, wonderful trip!
I am newly separated. I live in Pasadena, Texas, ya'll, with my little Schnoodle dog named Katie! I love helping people in all phases of this weight-loss journey.

4.09.2006

Post-Op Day 466: My official "at goal" photos!

I reached my goal of weighing 159 pounds on Friday. Actually I surpassed it and weighed 156.5! Today I weigh 157, so my body is getting situated as usual. Regardless, I am finally a normal BMI! It doesn't seem real at all.

While I do want to lose down to 148 so I have some room to play when I have the dreaded "bounce back" weight, I can honestly say that if I stayed this weight forever, I believe I would be absolutely thrilled!

Below are some photos taken of me today. I will call them my official "at goal" photos. I still feel self-conscious about my belly but you know what - I think I look pretty damn good otherwise to have lost 167 pounds! haha

In the photos I am wearing a size medium sweater, a size SMALL tank top and size 8 jeans - my first ever size 8!!



Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket
Baby's still got back...and thighs!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Showing off...hehe


Thank you to all who have supported me along this way. I have to give special thanks to my husband Scott, who has been my number 1 supporter through it all! I love that man more than he will ever know! He has been my rock, my mirror when I struggled to see the new me and my voice of sanity. He is such a blessing.

I also have to thank my parents and Granny who believed in me and brag on me.

I am so blessed to have an incredible amount of friends who have supported me through, literally, thick and thing. A special shoutout goes to my bypass twin Diana. Talk about a total inspiration. She has helped keep me on the straight and narrow through her words and just by example as I watch the way she approaches her surgery. I love you Diana!

Also to thank profusely are my friends Liz, Donna, Linda, Toni and Deb. They have cheered me on through the months and been so positive - especially when I needed to hear it.

Then of course to recognize are the most incredible team members I could ever ask for at work, as well as all my work friends all over NASA. Day in and day out they have kept me going strong. I am so blessed to work with such amazing people who truly have cared about me and my success.

I can't go without saying that I am deeply indebted to the many, many wonderful people I have met in my vast support group network - the one for Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital which is run by the most incredible woman named Kimberly; the one I formed at work with the kindest, most loving people ever and the Obesity Help Message Board with the most inspiring people I could have ever met!

Of course, it goes without say that I am forever indebted to Dr. Adam Naaman who truly has hands blessed by God. Dr. Naaman is a phenomenal surgeon with the biggest heart. I am so lucky I moved to Houston so that I could receive the best care available.

Finally, I want to thank God above all. I was so afraid but He carried me through. I had doubts but He carried me through. I couldn't see where I was heading but He carried me through. This journey is wonderful but it is grueling at times - especially emotionally. Yet day after day, time and time again - He carried me through. And I trust He will continue to do so.

God has been so good to me and I never ever want to take that for granted. To be delivered from Super Morbid Obesity has been a miracle I never dreamed would ever happen to me. I will forever share my story and help those who come after me because of the grace I have been given. Thank You God. I love You!

2 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, how long were you going to keep this quiet??? I'm so sorry I've be unavailable. This definitely calls for a celebration, right?

    I'm so proud of you, I can't even begin to express it!

    *hugs* Donna

     
  • At August 01, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger bye said…

    WOW! Surfed in from Donna's blog. She mentioned you to me and WOW!

    You look amazing and happy and WOW!

    I am speechless. Big, giant congratulations to you!

    :)KT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home